Jr. Federal SAP Functional Consultant (Finance) - U.S. Citizenship Required
Jr. Federal SAP Functional Consultant (Finance) - U.S. Citizenship Required
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
Main location: United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
Position ID: J0823-1203
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
CGI is seeking a high-potential Jr. SAP Functional Consultant with experience in SAP for a greenfield S/4HANA implementation. The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with our clients in workshops, understanding their requirements, designing and presenting solutions, configuring SAP and completing the full software lifecycle. The primary focus is on design, configuration and testing in SAP S/4HANA, Public Sector. This role requires a broad understanding of SAP Federal Financial Accounting processes and solutions.
This position is located in our Lafayette, LA office; however a hybrid working model is acceptable. You will be required to be in our Lafayette, LA office two days per week.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• The Consultant participates in a team gathering and validating requirements, designing, implementing and supporting SAP Financials.
• Enhance the client’s business functionality and overall performance while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction.
• Help facilitate workshops to collect business requirements and translate them to system requirements with the ability to identify gaps, issues and work-around solutions
• Acts as liaison with client for troubleshooting: investigates, analyses and solves software problems and maps client business requirements, processes, and objectives; develops necessary product modifications to satisfy clients' needs.
• Design, configuration and testing of FI, CO, FM, and PS modules.
• Responsible primarily for the successful implementation of SAP S/4HANA, including providing functional guidance, presentation and instruction on SAP products to clients.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
• A minimum of 3 to 8 years of SAP consulting experience, ideally supporting financial implementations.
• At least one end-to-end SAP implementation.
• Experience in financial management best practices, including demos and test scripts,
• Experience in configuration and implementation of Financial Accounting (FI) and/or Funds Management (FM).
• Knowledge of key integration points between SAP modules
• Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork and facilitation.
• Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to analyze problems and provide clear recommendations.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
• Experience with SAP S/4HANA.
• Experience using SAP Activate methodology.
• Experience in integration with SAP Application areas such as Sales and Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM), Project Systems (PS), and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $60,000 - $146,600.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.