CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Junior Java Developer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Junior Java Developer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Junior Java Developer
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J1020-0749
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI – USA - Digital innovation in the heart of Louisiana
The best version of us starts with you. And the best version of you starts here.
Do you want to take control of your future? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? CGI is looking for a Jr Java Developer to join our exceptional Lafayette, Louisiana team.
The best candidate for this role will be able to apply their proficiency in Java to help drive business transformation for our clients. This position would suit a dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic software developer with a desire to deliver quality applications while providing excellent customer service.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Jr Java level development; researching, learning, and implementing new technologies efficiently. Work on a highly skilled and diverse team supporting clients across multiple industries. Demonstrate troubleshooting skills, communicate well, foster collaboration and provide insight while contributing to the completion of business requirements. Other responsibilities:
• Execute full lifecycle software development
• Understand technical specs
• Write well designed, testable, and efficient code
• Document and maintain software functionality
• Support release and deployment
• Implement best practices
• Manage personal deadlines while supporting team sprint planning and deliveries
• Proactively help identify project risks and help mitigate problems
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline
Experience in the following:
• Java and understanding of the software development life cycle
• Python, C++, C, or C# would be a plus
• Analysis, maintenance and testing of a JAVA code base in support of web-based applications
• Unit/Integrated/User-Acceptance Testing – Planning, documenting, executing Unit/Integrated/User-Acceptance testing
• Knowledge with Angular / Spring Boot framework
• Basic programming skills using object-oriented programming (OOP) languages
• Knowledge with other contemporary Java technologies (e.g. Weblogic, RabbitMQ, Tomcat, etc.)
• Familiarity of JSP, J2EE, and JDBC
• Exposure to relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle) basic SQL query language skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proactive behavior and ownership
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Planning and organizing
Desired Qualifications/Non-Essential Skills Required:
• Knowledge or experience with full stack development
• Agile experience
• Knowledge of Spring and Maven frameworks, HTML, CSS
• Knowledge or relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle) basic SQL query language skills
Full Stack Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.