CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Night Shift Operations Support in Lafayette, Louisiana
Night Shift Operations Support
Find similar career opportunities
Night Shift Operations Support
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0918-1205
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The CGI Managed Advantage Services Program delivers and supports a proprietary Government ERP software suite for 20+ clients today and is expanding rapidly. Candidate will work directly with multiple clients in this large-scale, globally supported outsourcing and premium maintenance program. Challenging and dynamic role with high levels of involvement with clients, other CGI organizations, and team members supporting interesting, complex, and often critical client needs. Limited to no travel required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Working in UNIX/LINUX environments, Candidate will provide day-to-day production support for assigned clients working on operations activities, including problem resolution, cycle support, and configuration management related to the assigned operations.
Candidate must pay close attention to detail and the surrounding implications of all actions, be able to multi-task, and be independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in a non-traditional work environment.
Candidate will be a member of a 24/7 production operations support group that runs cycles for multiple clients on a nightly, weekly, and monthly basis. Candidate must be able to work night shift hours, as well as participate in the team’s rotating on-call and maintenance responsibilities including weekends or holiday support hours.
• Address SLA-bound technical incident reports or requests by the client.
• Execute batch jobs and monitor the solution, including log files, for alarms.
• Monitor the health and stability of the client environments, proactively engaging the necessary stakeholders and remediating issues/incidents that may arise.
• Manage the client’s backup processing and verify backups are appropriately moved to offsite and/or long term storage.
• Perform system maintenance and backup and recovery responsibilities, such as applications shutdown/start-up, disabling/enabling regular processing events, performing required backups, and verifying that all required, normal, client operations are resumed accurately following the maintenance.
• Address client requests for technical assistance such as file recovery, user ID management, or execution of special processes.
• Support other technical teams by providing screen shots, query executions, or log files necessary to resolve system or application issues.
• For new client implementations, test and fine-tune scripts and cycle automation processes to ensure stable steady-state operations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Familiarity with Linux or UNIX shells, Linux or UNIX scripting, Oracle and/or MS SQL Server, Perl and/or Visual Basic (experience a plus)
• Basic understanding of SFTP/FTP/HTTPS/HTTP and standard network concepts.
• Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills; critical thinker with excellent judgment and initiative.
• Understanding of adhering to contractual Service Level Agreements.
• Strong commitment to maintaining professional, trusted client relationships
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact effectively at all levels of management and peers.
• Ability to take responsibility/ownership for decisions, seeking advice where appropriate
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to provide clear, effective communication regarding technical issues and impact to client business
• Time management, attention to detail, expectation setting and organizational skills to provide solid service management.
• Ability to work on own initiatives with minimal management supervision.
• Flexibility to work with clients and support teams across time zones.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
• Knowledge of automated job scheduling tools.
• Infrastructure or operations experience in a UNIX/LINUX/Wintel environment
• Familiarity with a multi-tiered architecture and network connectivity
- Unix/Linux System Admin
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.