Category: Project Management
Main location: United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
Position ID: J0124-1194
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
CGI Federal is seeking a seasoned Product Manager (PM) with 5+ years of experience with the SAFe Agile in system design and business process. The PM will work alongside Architects, Product Owners, agile teams, and other stakeholders to translate customer requirements into features for the Atlas solution. The Product Manager will meet with customers to understand requirements, monitoring requested changes, and keep abreast of enhancements requested by the customers to help drive the roadmap. The PM will work closely with Architects and other stakeholders to review requirements, design solutions, write detailed epics and acceptance criteria that define solutions to be built. They will also support the agile team through development and testing, demo the application to internal and external stakeholders, and serve as a liaison back to the customer to communicate roadmap, scope, and project progress. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a PM in an agile model with a passion for software design and realizing customer objectives by delivering business value.
This position is located in our LFT office. Other preferred locations are Knoxville, TN, Belton, TX or Lebanon, VA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support Definition & Execution of Product Roadmap
• By working with account teams, customers, agile teams, architects and product SMEs, supporting business development activities, and participating in industry/government sessions and working groups, the Product Manager uses his/her broad view of internal challenges, the market, and strategic influences to support definition and maintenance of the product roadmap. This includes identifying initiatives and epics to be considered for the baseline software imminently and in the future, crafting overall vision and direction documents for large or complex initiatives, working with Solution Architects to evaluate technologies and/or alternate approaches, and supporting program-level trade-offs on priorities. High priority Initiatives are identified, discussed with account teams (or service line), management and appropriately scheduled
• Draft Functional Concept Documents as assigned in order to lay out the overall vision for one or more Initiatives prior to working through detailed scoping.
• Deliverables and epic reviews are completed on time with fully vetted solutions. At a minimum, the assigned Solution Architect and any account representatives have reviewed and concurred with scope/content prior to holding Epic Review session.
• Maintain Feature Tracking Page for all assigned initiatives, including documentation of initiative or feature purpose, scope, meeting minutes, decisions, analysis items, and links to concept documents.
• Craft product solutions, draft epics and detailed acceptance criteria, and conduct scoping activities with the assigned Solution Architect and other stakeholders for an assigned initiative.
• Identify areas for regression testing suite build-out for business features and validate tests that are written by teams
• Work with Accessibility Practice contacts to consider 508 compliance considerations. With addition of new or modification of widgets in core test, identify and track compliance items and work with Accessibility SMEs develop acceptance criteria.
• Prepare the assigned agile team to begin work on an initiative by reviewing epics with the team, and ensuring comprehension of the subject matter and feature scope prior to PI Planning.
• Participate in relevant Architectural Review Groups, if appropriate
• Participate and furnish feedback in retrospectives to improve processes
• Provide ongoing support to agile teams throughout a PI to help keep overall solution vision on track, make feature trade-offs where necessary, and support the identification and escalation of risks.
• Collaborate with other PM/PO’s and help identify cross-dependencies and/or overlapping capabilities to ensure teams working on similar capabilities or capabilities in the same area of the system stay informed and coordinate with each other.
• Keep assigned JIRA Initiative and Epic records up to date by ensuring descriptions, release targets, status, and prioritization are kept current on a sprint (2 week) basis.
• At the end of each PI, perform all validations and close out completed epics by following closeout procedures and log new initiatives for any outstanding work that should remain in the product backlog.
• Ensure release documentation is accurate and descriptive for assigned initiatives.
• Continuously identify and escalate any risks in a timely manner to product solution, quality, staffing and/or delivery commitments so they can be acted upon in timely manner including schedule slippages and/or solution risks
• Participate in sprint and system demos for all agile teams to maintain a pulse on product progress and interdependencies throughout the lifecycle. Offer suggestions for improvement and identify risks.
• Participate in quality validation exercises, including subsystem assessment reviews and/or exploratory testing efforts to continuously keep a pulse on product quality and identify areas for adjustment early in the process.
• Participate in regular Product Manager Collaboration Meetings to learn about all ESG IPs and strategize with other PMs
• Drive change through innovative thinking and take deliberate actions to continuously evaluate processes and products as a way to improve effectiveness, efficiency, value to clients, and/or value to CGI on an ongoing basis
• Work with account teams and/or customers to understand business requirements, provide support on current software functionality, and make recommendations for a product path forward. This may include advising on how to leverage existing product capabilities, how to configure the software, and/or generating ideas for future product enhancements.
• Serve as liaison between account team/customer and the product group to ensure customer needs are known within the product organization, logged appropriately as initiative/epic records in JIRA, and escalated to management for scoping and/or release commitments when requested.
• As a liaison responsible for representing customer needs to the product organization, ensure risks and/or customer concerns are appropriately communicated to product management. Act as the voice of the client and align development to client requirements.
• PM initiates discussions with stakeholders, account teams, customers, industry and others, to obtain clarity on requirements.
• PM is proactive in driving toward solutions that meet customer requirements while being mindful of overall scope and schedule constraints.
• Risks identified in discussions with accounts are communicated to product management
Estimation & Proposal Support
• Support estimation for new product features when requested with scope clearly documented, including outlining solution approach, vetting approach with architects, product SMEs, and other stakeholders, and preparing hours-based estimates to present to management, account teams and/or IPMF.
• Evaluate proposal requirements when requested for potential product gaps. Group requirements into enhancements/new feature sets, and prepare estimates to support release planning activities and proposal commitments. Coordinate proposal enhancement needs with product leadership to obtain official product agreement on enhancements to be base lined and corresponding release and funding commitments.
• Support business develop activities when requested including but not limited to requirements review and validation as well as product demonstration assistance
• 8+ years of hands-on experience as a product manager or product owner in a SAFE Agile environment
• 8+ years’ experience performing functional business analysis, requirements gathering, developing business processes and workflows
• Extensive knowledge of the program guidance documents, and milestone processes.
• Problem solving skills with ability to multi task
• Work independently and across many initiatives at once
• Proven client management skills
• Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail
• Top notch organizational skills and ability to work within processes.
• Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
• Ability to translate and articulate business needs into software requirements/epics.
• Ability to work closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for technical issues, architectural considerations and engineering assessment of product goals.
• Ability to understand complex business needs and translate them into detailed, executable functional requirements
• Skills in writing customer-centric documentation (epics/user stories/Use Cases/features/requirements) for the product backlog.
• Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
• Ability to provide appropriate and informed guidance and business direction, and break down complex problems into actionable steps that drive product development.
• Ability to groom the feature backlog to enable accelerated software development while ensuring coordination across teams and alignment with stakeholder expectations
• Excellent communication skills and understanding of the agile software development principles.
• Strong presentation and leadership skills.
Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S.is $$61,000 to $150,200
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
Asset Management (T1)
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.