Category: Project Management
Main location: United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
Position ID: J0124-1195
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a seasoned Product Owner (PO) with 3-5 years of experience with SAFe Agile experience in system design and development. The PO will work alongside Architects, Product Managers, Product Owners, agile teams, and other stakeholders to translate customer requirements into features for the Sunflower solution. The Product Manager will meet with customers to understand requirements, monitoring requested changes, and keep abreast of enhancements requested by the customers to help drive the roadmap. The Product Owner will assist in meeting with customers to understand requirements, monitoring requested changes, and keeping abreast of enhancements requested by the customers to help drive the roadmap. The PO will work closely with Architects and other stakeholders to review requirements, design solutions, write detailed epics and acceptance criteria that define solutions to be built. They will also support the agile team through development and testing, demo the application to internal and external stakeholders, and serve as a liaison back to the customer to communicate roadmap, scope, and project progress. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a PO in an agile model with a passion for software design and realizing customer objectives by delivering business value.
This position is located in our LFT office. Other preferred locations are Knoxville, TN, Belton, TX or Lebanon, VA
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the Shaping and Execution of Product Roadmap by
o Coordinating with other Product Owners, Product Manager (PM) and Solutions Architects (SA) to fully understand the desired features and various Epics.
o Assist in shaping the solution by innovating and providing system experience that is further discussed with the PM/PO/SA and the entire agile team in order to achieve a more rounded solution
o Assist in breakdown of potential features into meaningful pieces that are achievable in a Sprint.
o Establish detailed and clear Acceptance Criteria for resulting User Stories, Tasks and/or Bugs.
o Note feedback received during demos or other review and discusses with PM/SA to derive its priority within the PI.
• Support implementation and production go-live of solutions for new instances (Task Orders, Countries, etc.) including data migration, integrations and configurations
• Help produce and ensure quality release documentation, updating the requirements repository to maintain a single location for how the system operates, and documenting design decisions certain decisions were made.
o Deliver value with built-in quality and Strive for Continuous Improvement
o Perform testing of solution functionality and document results
o Demonstrate personal accountability within the team to do everything possible to achieve targeted deliverable dates.
o Incorporate "built-in quality" as a top priority into daily activities.
o Produce work that meets the definition of done. Maximize flow by focusing on team activities and reducing distractions.
o Proactively seek to gain a fuller understanding the entire solution and recommend improvements.
o Be transparent at raising impediments and helping to resolve them in a timely manner if within one’s control, or escalate accordingly
o Utilize time effectively and proactively request additional assignments when workload is lighter.
o Owns and helps to drive resolution to team or program improvement items.
o Continue to improve knowledge of the solution and work toward becoming a SME
• Put new skills or ideas to use quickly for the betterment of the team.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience as a product manager or product owner in a SAFE Agile environment
• 4+ years’ experience performing functional business analysis, requirements gathering, developing business processes and workflows
• Extensive knowledge of the program guidance documents, and milestone processes.
• Problem solving skills with ability to multi task
• Work independently and across many initiatives at once
• Proven client management skills
• Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail
• Top notch organizational skills and ability to work within processes.
• Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
• Ability to translate and articulate business needs into software requirements/epics.
• Ability to work closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for technical issues, architectural considerations and engineering assessment of product goals.
• Ability to understand complex business needs and translate them into detailed, executable functional requirements
• Skills in writing customer-centric documentation (epics/user stories/Use Cases/features/requirements) for the product backlog.
• Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
• Ability to provide appropriate and informed guidance and business direction, and break down complex problems into actionable steps that drive product development.
• Ability to groom the feature backlog to enable accelerated software development while ensuring coordination across teams and alignment with stakeholder expectations
• Excellent communication skills and understanding of the agile software development principles.
• Strong presentation and leadership skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S.is $61,000 to $150,200
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
Asset Management (T1)
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.