CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Security Engineer in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0920-1077
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
CGI Federal’s Enterprise Solutions Group (ESG) seeks a highly-motivated Security Engineer/Developer to join their Cyber Security team. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team of security specialists, engineers, project managers and delivery professionals responsible for supporting various Defense and Civilian contracts.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As an Application security engineer/ developer the main focus would be to perform security assessments of applications including security code analysis, support application/product development teams in remediating vulnerabilities and be responsible for the following tasks:
• Facilitate and manage security vulnerability assessments and penetration tests
• Document the security vulnerabilities and present them to technical stakeholders
• Participate in security architecture, design, and control implementation documentation
• Work closely with client teams to write secure code and guide them through remediation efforts
• Consult as security subject matter expert with product teams, engineers, and others on solutions to security problems
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelors degree and 3+ years of experience
• Awareness of security-related best programming practices/principles for J2EE and .NET
• Experience with application vulnerability assessment/ penetration testing is desired.
• Ability to discover and exploit OWASP/ SANS application vulnerabilities
• Code review and application development skills are a definite plus
• Experience designing and executing web application security evaluations, solo and as part of a team
• Application security testing techniques, using automated tools and manual testing
• Creation of exploit proofs of concept
• Discovery of application security weaknesses, and writing recommendations for preventing or fixing them
• Knowledge of the SDLC and experience working with development teams
• Understanding of web application technologies and development processes
• Up-to-date knowledge of current cyber threats
• Organized with the ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Analyze and Respond to vulnerability inquiries and vulnerability reports
• Research threats and attack vectors that impact web applications and infrastructure
• Assess new and existing applications and system deployments for vulnerabilities and design flaws, and prioritize remediation efforts based on risk
• Hands on experience with one or more tools like BurpSuite, Kali, BeEF, Fuzzers, MetaSploit, HP Fortify, OWASP ZAP, AppScan, AppDetective, Nessus is desired
Due to the nature of the
• One or more certifications like GIAC, CISSP, CEH, Security +, OSCP desired
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to document and explain risks and vulnerabilities to technical stakeholder
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.