CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SR Java Fullstack Developer in Lafayette, Louisiana
SR Java Fullstack Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
SR Java Fullstack Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J0921-0419
Employment Type: Contract
Join this dynamic organization as a Java/Fullstack Developer! With your expertise, you will work with a high-performing team to consult and develop solutions for a major client. You will support and interact with the client daily with a focus across the organization. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI’s and our client’s success.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• Expertise in API Standards, Microservices Architecture and Cloud capabilities
• Expertise in development of RESTful APIs and SOAP services using message formats such as JSON or XML
• Expertise in integration technologies such as Spring Boot, Camel
• Expertise in JVM based languages such as Java, Kotlin and Scala
• Expertise in functional programming and reactive framework
• Experience working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
• Experience with non-JVM based modern languages and frameworks such as Python, NodeJS, TypeScript, Golang and Angular
• Expertise in git flow model and working with CI/CD pipelines, automated testing and deployment strategies.
• Expertise in building cloud native applications, knowledge on cloud providers and services such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS
• Expertise in in containerization technologies such as Docker, container orchestration engines such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
• Experience in application patterns such as Circuit breakers, Throttling, Rate limiting and Service Discovery
• Experience in streaming architectures such as Kafka, data processing engines such as Spark
• Experience with performance testing tools such as Jmeter/NeoLoad and application tuning
Your future duties and responsibilities:
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Full stack development including analysis, design, development, unit testing and implementation of distributed applications and microservices consistent with architectural direction and established patterns
• Drive proof of concepts for software tools/technologies related to application or process development and establish patterns
• Plan and implement procedures focused on operational efficiency and automation through DevOps capabilities
• Establish/Improve/Maintain proactive monitoring and management of supported assets assuring performance, availability, resiliency and security
• Maintain a solid and collaborative relationship with delivery partners and business stakeholders
• Complete work following Agile development methodology and concepts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Familiarity with Agile development methodology and concepts
• Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem, hive, hql and hbase
• Knowledge of Quarkus and Graal VM
• Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new technologies
• Candidates should be self-starters and have the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Health Care / Health Services business area subject matter expertise preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science on related discipline with at least 9+ years of recent experience designing, developing, deploying, and supporting computing applications in a large-scale, midrange, and distributed environment as a Technical Lead / Senior Software Engineer
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.