Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Category: Project Management
Main location: United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
Position ID: J0224-0689
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
The Technical Project Manager will support various complex projects within the Federal Solutions Group (FSG) in ensuring the successful delivery of solutions and services. This person will work across teams to support their planning activities, to assist in tracking and reporting status, and to coordinate communications and information availability on task areas as assigned. This person will work under the guidance of Product, Program, and Delivery Managers to ensure that CGI Federal solutions and services are delivered on schedule, on budget, on scope, and at a high level of quality. The ideal candidate is detail oriented; proficient with office automation tools; has strong technical leadership abilities in cyber security, cloud, system architecture, or software development; and is familiar with budget and project tracking and reporting. The ideal candidate will also provide proactive, timely, and reliable communications to establish and maintain a transparent work environment at all times.
Project planning: support project setup, tools, standards, and administrative functions
• Task, schedule, quality management: provide hands-on recording, tracking, and reporting for meetings, project activities, and action items. Create work breakdown structure, schedule and budgets.
• Scope control: understand requirements and track them through delivery, use leadership experience to influence work completion across multiple teams.
• Risk management: identify and document risks and issues and escalate key items to senior management.
• Reporting: monitor progress and provide independent reporting of assigned areas of responsibility.
• Financial management: understand basic project financial management. Support the Program Manager and/or senior management on forecasting, financial tracking, and reporting.
• Account management: establish relationships across application development, solution architecture, and shared services teams and work well with geographically dispersed, matrixed teams.
• Process management: assist with the implementation and execution of processes to ensure efficient and effective operations and high-quality services and solutions. Identify opportunities to improve processes to encourage continuous improvement.
Communications: preparation of documents, briefings, and other materials needed to support FSG activities.
• A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years technical project management experience including planning, schedule management, budget management, and risk management.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience leading diverse teams.
• Must demonstrate a proven ability for process innovations and workflow improvements.
• Solid proficiency with MS Office or similar products, including word processing, project management, spreadsheet, presentation, and drawing programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with executive, technical, and non-technical persons
• Ability to multitask and to manage multiple priorities across a matrixed team.
• Aptitude for problem solving, with an understanding of when to proceed and when to escalate issues.
• Ability to maintain composure and tact under pressure.
Quick learner with keen research skills.
• Organizational Change Management experience
• Project Management Professional Certification
Experience with modernization, cloud transition, and enterprise level system deployment
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $85,800- 185,800.
Let’s talk about benefits:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid maternity and parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.