CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Batch Developer in Lebanon, Virginia
Find similar career opportunities
City: Lebanon, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0119-0740
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Batch Developer to join our team to help with a local state project.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Planning for Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Special Batch Cycles
· Developing and testing Test and Production batch schedules.
· Executing batch cycles using CA Autosys
· Executing special Scripts and Manual Jobs
· Monitoring batch cycles and responding to abends and other issues
· Validating execution results and generating operational reports
· Updating related documentation and schedules
· Administrative skills to update documentation and schedules
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
· 3-5 years' experience in Batch or other Operations role
· Detailed knowledge of, and experience with, batch scheduling tools (CA AutoSys preferred)
· 3-5 years' Experience with Windows and Unix operating systems (Unix/Linux preferred)
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent Tasks
· Availability for shift work, specifically night and weekend hours
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
· Ability to document work and comply with project processes, policies, and procedures
· Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve production issues in real time
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Understanding of, or ability to quickly assimilate, related CGI internal processes and tools
· Knowledge of Unix scripting
· Experience with at least one major RDBMS – Oracle, Sybase, SQL
. May require off hour shifts
Unix/Linux System Admin
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.