Administrative Support Level I
Los Angeles, CA
Administrative Support Level I
Main location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Position ID: J0124-1399
Employment Type: Full Time
At the direction of the Regional Director, perform a variety of administrative and secretarial functions for the DOS/PPT Regional Management Staff and Contract Management staff. Maintain all office functions associated with meeting the needs of the front office including incoming calls, correspondence and faxes. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the onsite Government management team, the Administrative Assistant shall perform a variety of administrative and secretarial functions for the Director or Executive office. The Administrative Assistant Level I is responsible for coordinating the large volume of information coming into the office to insure formats and deadlines are being met (i.e. schedules, memoranda, briefing papers, taskers, etc.). The Administrative Assistant maintains confidential information (employee lists, management contact info, etc.) and at a minimum, shall perform the following functions:
• Answer incoming calls (external and internal to the office in a highly professional manner and forward calls, take messages or resolve calls as warranted on an individual basis.
• Organize, type, collate and file sensitive material.
• Maintain Agency/Center and Director calendar of upcoming events, guest log, appointments, and other activities.
• Review incoming documents and take appropriate action/distribution.
• Track and monitor the status of memoranda, correspondence and taskers.
• Inform Agency/Center personnel of overdue items, upcoming deadlines, and format and
• Department procedures for processing documentation.
• Assist with travel arrangements using online Travel Manager System.
• Prepare briefing materials and compile reports.
• Prepare written communications using a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS
Power Point, MS Publisher, MS Excel, and SharePoint.
• Provide support to other projects or tasks as required.
• Track and report official time and attendance records for all federal employees within the office.
• Receive deliveries and arrange for pick-up of outgoing shipments.
• Be responsible for stocking the photocopy and facsimile machines and supplies as well as maintaining their operational status and taking the requested readings.
• Receive and sort incoming /outgoing administrative mail.
• Maintain constant awareness of all aspects of internal security including adherence to the restricted area policies, logging off computer terminals when not in use and securing work at the end of the business day.
• Admit and welcome visitors into facility and maintains visitor login files.
• Process employees for DS badges through the MDIS/DOS enrollment system, PIN resets and unlock badges.
• Liaise with building management to report and resolve maintenance issues.
• Operate office equipment, including but not limited to: document scanners, telephones, intercoms,
A-phones, label printers, and cameras.
• Assist with ordering, tracking, receiving, inventorying office supplies through various methods
(GSA, CA internal, etc.)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Types 50 words per minute (WPM) with no errors
• Ability to adapt to changes in procedures and assignments.
• Ability to establish working relationships at all organizational levels.
• Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
• Can simultaneously manage and maintain multiple MS Outlook calendars for personnel, leave, training and/or conference rooms.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to draft memoranda and reports.
• Demonstrated capability to analyze facts, evaluate information, and draw conclusions.
• Ability to interpret and apply regulatory material, such as federal personnel rules and regulations including the Foreign Affairs Manual Volume III (FAM-Personnel)
• HS Diploma (2 year college degree preferred), and;
• Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Publisher, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, including;
• Two (2) years of experience as an Administrative Assistant in an office environment, including;
• One (1) year of experience supporting at an executive level, including;
• Demonstrated experience with document management, preferably for a legal department of other office, and;
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize simultaneous work flow duties.
OPTIONAL: Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship.
Hourly Rate: $23.65/hour
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is
At CGI Federal we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are owners and empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI Federal’s benefits include:
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Paid Time Off (PTO)
10 Standard Holidays
Health & Welfare Benefits as determined by your Service Contract Act
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.