CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Project Manager in Los Angeles, California
Sr. Project Manager
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Los Angeles, California, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
CGI is currently seeking a Sr. Technical Cloud Project Manager who will work on highly visible transformation projects for some of the world’s largest enterprises. The Senior Project Manager will drive workstreams that deliver to business outcomes. This role as a hands on keyboard leader that is a natural collaborator and partners well with a team of developers working to move applications to the cloud for one of CGI’s top financial services clients. The position is a blend of a Project Manager and Technologist.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports client delivery for long-term digital transformation efforts
• Drives Workstream(s) Delivery and roll-up of activities, milestones and tasks
• Ability to be fluent and flexible delivery methods, i.e. Agile, XP and Waterfall
• Develops project plans, user stories and deliverables that meet identified requirements
• Develops and maintains the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for workstreams throughout the delivery lifecycle in support of cloud program requirements and objectives.
• Executes processes and methodologies to ensure delivery of project scope and provide acceleration opportunities when applicable
• Responsible for management of business initiatives involving business process change and information technology solutions
• Ensures that projects / releases are delivered on time, within scope and budget
• Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Ensures resource availability and allocations to provide the support to client activities for the delivery lifecycle to production
• Manages risk: Prevent, Solve, Report and Escalate to leadership as needed
• Manages the relationship(s) with the client, vendors and all stakeholders
• Meet with clients to review the requirements, provide updates and clarify specific requirements as required
• Understands technical product management
• Tracks project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long term goals and outcomes
• Participate in audits of the project as necessary
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• Leader with good judgment, agility and sense of urgency
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and environments
• Proven work experience in project management and product delivery
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
• Organized and motivated team player, with the ability to manage multiple lines of delivery while paying close attention to detail
• Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
• Results oriented person with the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
• ScrumMaster and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
• Current background / experience managing projects within the banking industry; knowledge of wealth products is an asset.
• Cloud Migration and understanding of infrastructure and cloud technologies experience highly preferred
• Consulting organization experience is highly preferred
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.