CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Support Associate III - Mandarin Speaking in Los Angeles, California
Support Associate III - Mandarin Speaking
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Support Associate III - Mandarin Speaking
City: Los Angeles, California, United States
Position ID: J0321-2606
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Under the direct supervision of the CGI Management personnel, the Bilingual (English/Mandarin) Support Associate assists the Customer Service department in completing the various duties in the Customer Service Department, including translation and Mandarin speaking requirements as needed. The employee is also expected to perform various clerical and repetitive manual functions to support the Customer Service and Adjudication departments. Additionally, perform various processing functions, utilizing office equipment and machinery in the preparation, processing, and mailing of passports and passport related documents. Utilize the current TDIS-PD and PRISM computer operating system to include creation of document batches, document imaging (scanning) and reviewing, retrieval of individual application information, data entry, book printing, the generation of mailing labels, and sorting and affixing postage to sealed envelopes. Must be able to perform quality checks for standard fee information on individual applications. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Support Associate Level III provides support to the Government staff and performs accounting functions, prepares letters, reports and specialized correspondence. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with any Mandarin speaking needs and or required translation of correspondence and/or documents
• Operate various equipment for high speed scanning, mail out, and metering mail
• Generate mailing labels, ensure that mail labels match the applicant identification, fill and seal envelopes with correct passport and corresponding supporting documents
• Box and archive files for storage purposes
• Receive and assemble third-party mail
• Follow a pre-set pattern for document sequencing
• Perform searching and filing functions, file and/or retrieve application packages from file cabinets
• Operate scanning equipment and biological hood HEPPA filter to open mail
• Interface with Passport applicants at Agency/Center information and will-call counters. At the Information Station, ensure appointment is scheduled; review Passport application, photograph, identification and supporting documentation for completeness prior to adjudication. Ensure the application and documents complies with passport requirements, photograph meets passport standards, and customer is provided fee information. Copy customer identification. At the will call station, distribute passports to the correct applicant, comparing customer to passport image or accepting proper documents and identification for third party pick up.
• Perform data entry.
• Operate various equipment for high speed scanning, image review, book print, quality control, mail out and metering mail.
• When operating a four-printer pod, prints passports at a rate of 50 to 65 passports per hour and reviews printed books for data accuracy and product quality.
• Review passport product against data system information for completeness and accuracy constantly applying laws, regulations and procedures pertaining to the issuance of a U.S. Passport.
• Use TDIS and determine quality and correctness of prepared Passports, maintain issued applications in an orderly and traceable fashion, ensure Passport chips are activated, and accurately scan images into DOS data systems.
• Perform searches as requested for customer applications and use troubleshooting skills in connection with information given by the TDIS inquiry screens; contact customers by phone for verification of mailing address and/or data information.
• Create routine and expedited batches in TDIS.
• Prepare Informational Request Letters (IRLs) both electronic and written.
• Prepare Final Notice letters.
• Process refund/reimbursement requests.
• Generate a credit card payment from the applicant and distributing completed batches to the cashier’s office. Verify all completed transactions and run designated reports. Troubleshoot information retrieved from the computer screen and manually searching to locate applications and documents within the Passport process. Update text in appropriate TDIS screen. Update Passport application information from the computer system.
• Use a purging application for mature files.
• Participate in customer service outreach activities including, but not limited to: naturalization ceremonies, travel shows, college and university events.
• Serve as customer interface in providing Passport information to customers (general public, acceptance facilities, town clerks, law enforcement, applicants, other Government agencies, postal service, couriers, lock box vendors).
• Assist with acceptance agent training: prepare training materials, conduct “meet-and- greets,” set-up training sessions, conduct office tours, etc.
• Photocopy Acceptance Agent and Congressional newsletters and coordinate folding/stuffing/sealing/mail out.
• Photocopy materials as needed and coordinate preparation of training packets for acceptance agent seminars. Assist CSM with passport acceptance facility certification and update corresponding acceptance facility databases.
• Assist CSM in maintaining and cataloging electronic records of passport acceptance facilities.
• Prepare and mail Certificates of Attendance for those acceptance agents who attend DOS training classes.
• Distribute newsletters and any other correspondence to staff.
• Prepare application for issuance of a non-receipt of a Passport and corrections of the issued Passport.
• Contact applicants to request necessary documents.
• Return applicant’s personal documentation.
• Resolve undeliverable mail items by contacting the customer and appropriately document all actions taken in a SharePoint application.
• Communicate with the cashiers office and coordination with Passport Specialist assigned to special task of re-issuance of applications.
• Per the guidance of DOS Passport Specialists, generate correspondence to resolve application discrepancies, including: Return to Sender (RTS), Rewrites and Re-issues, and re-batch into the system.
• Assist with various special projects as requested by the Government.
• When required, relieve receptionist at lunch/breaks to answer administrative telephones
• Review all types of Passport application (i.e. DS-82, DS-11, DS 5504, DS 4085, and re- entry applications) data to ensure completed basic information is recorded accurately into DOS systems.
• Assist DOS Passport Specialists with Holds removal cases. Duties include reviewing documentation, faxing information, and maintaining a file system.
• Handle complaint letters/phone calls.
• Deal with urgent requests by applicants, under the direction of a DOS Passport Specialist Perform an administrative review on suspended applications. Attach proper paperwork to application to continue the EF/AR process Insuring TDIS-PD screen is updated with the correct suspense information.
• Generate Informational Request Letters (IRLs) and emails that clearly convey requests for additional documentation or information to passport applicants.
• Access Passport information forms to prepare Lookouts for the CLASS system as directed by the designated Passport Specialist.
• Prepare correspondence for applications not issued.
• Generate corrective correspondence for acceptance agents.
• Interface with the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) to resolve cases.
• Perform an administrative review on suspended applications. Filling out and affixing a suspense tag indicating DOS letters to be sent to applicant. Insuring TDIS-PD screen is updated with the correct suspense information.
• Deal with urgent requests by applicants, under the direction of a DOS Passport Specialist.
• Verify all applications to determine the proper payment for expedite service.
• Attach the proper paperwork to application to continue the EF/AR process.
• Generate IRLs and email or call Expedite Fee (EF)/Application Response (AR) applicants.
• Receive undeliverable Passports, requesting issued applications from QC, and resolving mailing problems.
• Perform Quality Control in verifying that application data matches Passport processing data.
• Assist in training lower level Support Associates in job functions, duties, and tasks.
• Contact those acceptance facilities that bypass the lockbox provider without authorization.
• Assist with “not issued cases” (also called “abandoned cases”), including, photocopy application and attachments, fax/scan, set up application to be abandoned and forward hard copies to requesting Agency.
• Communicate with passport acceptance facility program managers under the direction of the CSM.
• Communicate with stakeholders, such as: Congressional offices, community-based organizations, USPS, Lockbox, and other Government Agencies (except for law- enforcement) under the direction of the CSM.
• Collect and record survey responses.
• Identify and take initiative to report trends or patterns in the volume or nature of inquiries handled.
• When not directly assisting Customer Service, serve as a member of NPIC search team.
• Conduct research on passport cases by gathering information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: applications, supporting documents, the internet, telephone calls, government, commercial, and open source databases. Write recommended findings in a clear and concise manner that summarize the information gathered and identified during research.
• Perform analyses on passport cases being suspended to identify trends that may be useful in future research that is being conducted sent to Passport Specialists. Identify errors and areas for improvement in memos associated with these applications.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree (or) 4 years of experience as a Support Associate Level II or III (or) 4 years of experience data entering in a high volume production environment, and;
• Four (4) years of general office experience, including;
• Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
• ALL CANDIDATES must pass a pre-employment language assessment measuring their proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing, in Mandarin. Candidates must score at an Advanced Level on the pre-employment assessment administered by ALTA Language Services to remain eligible for consideration for the position.
• Good hand-eye coordination
• Ability to remain flexible and adapt under pressure in stressful situations and follow instructions and established procedures
• Capable of performing repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy, such as: lifting, standing, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, opening mail, stacking, moving/stacking boxes, un-stapling, paper-clipping, book printing, sorting, filing, and reading
• Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work in one place and traverse the office on a continuing basis
• Ability to provide basic customer service skills
• Ability to transport up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to effectively and politely interface with the public
• Good data entry skills
• Good filing and file retrieval skills
• Applicants selected will be subject to a CGI credit/background check and a government security investigation.
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship and a MRPT clearance is required.Ability to learn and recall information about Passport application procedures and the laws and regulations pertaining to Passport requirements.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and effectively communicate with a wide audience.
• Ability to comprehend and communicate the requirements for a Passport in a professional and courteous manner both over the telephone and in-person.
• Ability to maintain composure and objectivity in stressful situations and in dealing with multiple inquiries.
• Knowledge and understanding of the laws, rules and regulations pertaining to eligibility for and issuance of a U.S. Passport.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.