CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Madison, Wisconsin
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Position ID: J1218-0245
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI has a need for an experienced Business Analyst to join our team in Madison, WI. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment on technology for human services. We take an innovative approach to supporting our clients working side-by-side in collaborative environment modernizing existing technology. This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
Full-time opportunity to become a member of an organization w/$10 billion+ in annual revenues
70,000 employees in 40 countries
We're offering a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Business Analyst will need to be able to design, test, and support system users in the human services industry. Ultimately, the business analyst will collaborate with the business on all technology and business process related efforts that include gathering functional business requirements, designing new system functionality, testing software code, and supporting end users. Additional duties are as follows:
• Facilitate team and client meetings effectively to gather and document requirements, design system enhancements, drive user feedback and QA testing to completion of project
• Write system documentation including developer guides/design specs and topic papers
• Create test scripts based on business requirements
• Perform system testing using test scripts to ensure requirements are met
• Execute regression testing scripts
• Support application help desk responding to end-user calls
• Very strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
• Self-motivator with great attention to detail and follow through
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Key Items we will be looking for are:
• Experience with SACWIS or other large Child Welfare IT systems would be a plus
• Demonstrated performance with a track record of success in human services industry
• Experience in all facets of project lifecycle
• Experience in system analysis, design and testing
• Experience supporting an application help desk
• Ability to prioritize effectively, multitask, and manage time appropriately
• Strong interpersonal skills and clear communication skills
• Ability to respond quickly and efficiently while understanding and interpreting automated child welfare application user needs
• High level technical aptitude and analytical skills as they relate to child welfare functionality and workflow
• High level interpersonal skills and customer service oriented experience and proficiency
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Clear verbal and written communication skills
Customer service oriented
Experience with User Centered Design would be helpful
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.