CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Writer in McLean, Virginia
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:McLean, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI is seeking to hire a Technical Writer in the McLean VA area. In this role, you will be responsible for working directly with clients to create technical documentation associated with a cryptographic implementation. You will work across workstreams and with a variety of stakeholders at varying levels of the client’s organization, including senior/executive-level.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a CGI Cyber Security project, in a high impact part of a global bank. You will be exposed to and work with seasoned client personnel in helping them satisfy critical regulatory obligations. The role requires working with both business and technology groups and has high upward visibility – reporting directly to the team leader of this initiative.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Create comprehensive technical documentation for a variety of materials, including specifications, mockups, technical samples, guides, and designs.
• Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson.
• Prepare charts, graphs, or forms for inclusion in technical documentation.
• Study and analyze business functions as well as technical and regulatory requirements in order to proactively incorporate into technical documentation.
• Incorporate recommendations and best practices into work products as applicable.
• Prepare and maintain project deliverables according to CGI's ISO certified processes.
• Manage client expectations within a time-to-market and dynamic environment.
• Work with the client’s team to interpret program specifications and provide analysis in order to create effective documents.
• Prepare senior management presentations and materials.
• Analyze multiple data sources and prepare documentation and reports, both planned and ad-hoc.
• Ensure timely completion of assigned work.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
In this role, the Technical Writer will have the ability to comprehend technical information and create associated documentation that can be understood by both technical and non-technical members of the client’s organization.
Must be able to focus on both format and content of the documentation. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer, capable and effective with documentation formatting and presentations, as well as having the ability to proactively gather input required and/or ask questions to put together technical documentation.
• Experience developing technical documentation in a timely fashion.
• Ability to document process, procedures, and workflows.
• Able to assist analysts as needed in documentation tasks for solution specifications, user stories, etc.
• Background in the organization of documentation for better access by users to the documentation.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Ability to communicate technical and complex information clearly.
• Demonstrated experience working in a complex, global environment with team members that are located in multiple physical locations and across time zones.
• Exceptional analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in agile environment.
• Familiarity with the software development life cycle.
• Ability to work successfully with varying levels of an organization.
• 5 years of Demonstrated experience as a technical writer.
• 2 years of Experience in using documentation tools/products for the creation of technical documentation: Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Other Technical Documentation Tools. • Cyber Security experience
• Business/Functional analysis experience
University Bachelor's Degree in computer Science or related field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.