CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Legal Assistant (Management Analyst I) EOIR in Memphis, Tennessee
Legal Assistant (Management Analyst I) EOIR
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Legal Assistant (Management Analyst I) EOIR
City: Memphis, Tennessee, US United States
Position ID: J1221-4171
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
• Responds to inquiries in and out of the courtrooms
• Input case information in database management system
• Provides information to Judges, Court Administrator and Support Staff
• Communicates with the Department of Homeland Security, Corrections Department, USCIS and/or other agencies
• Answers and transfers telephone calls
• Review charging documents, schedule/reschedule cases, update CASE records, and update/maintain Records of Proceedings
• Run and maintain court calendars, prepare orders and hearing notices, process motions and legal correspondence
• Creates written documents and prepares correspondence
• Processes and distributes mail, correspondence, memoranda, and other written material. Including but not limited to:
o Sorting and distribution of all Filings received by court
o Incoming and outgoing BIA/FOIA Receipts and Distribution
o Returned Mail Receipt/Processing/Distribution
o Motions and Applications data entry
o Processing/Distribution of daily filings made at the Reception Window
o Receipt/Distribution of E-33 forms
o Log in “Utilities” E33s of cases not yet received
o General Mail Receipt/Distribution to the staff/judges’ mailbox
o COVs intake and Distribution
o Outgoing USPS Mail and FED-X
• Assists Immigration Judges in court hearings with administrative duties, e.g., receive and distribute documents to parties, print out judge’s orders, update CASE management system, etc.
• Covers front window lobby area (receives and directs visitors at the reception window, receives and advises public in the courtrooms)
• File ROPs and correspondence, retire closed cases to the Federal Records Center
• Prepare ROPs for attorney review
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Any combination of related experience as an administrative assistant, paralegal, legal
secretary, program assistant or related field.
• Experience with various software, i.e., Windows XP, WordPerfect, MS Word, Lotus 1 2 3,
Excel, and Quattro Pro.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to successfully complete a CGI Background Investigation to include, 50 State
Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks to start employment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance (Moderate Risk
Public Trust) to start employment.
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required.
• Possible travel (depends on the needs of the business)
• Some bending and lifting WILL be required (MUST able to lift approx.. 30 lbs)
• Possible filing may be required.
• This is an expected 40 hour work week position
This job description is not all inclusive, there may be other job responsibilities that may arise outside of what is listed above.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.