CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Personal Assistant (Management Analyst I) EOIR in Miami, Florida
Personal Assistant (Management Analyst I) EOIR
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Miami, Florida, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is seeking a Personal Assistant to support the Department of Justice Executive Office of Immigration Review in assisting a Federal Judge with their constraints. The hourly rate of pay for this role is $21.92 hr.
Experience working with people with disabilities would be most helpful. Must be patient, thoughtful, sensitive to others needs, compassionate and discrete.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Management Analyst I/Personal Assistant. Perform all the normal duties of MA I and serve as Personal Assistant to the EOIR OCIJ Miami court in assisting a physically challenged immigration judge. Duties include but not limited to:
• Provide general clerical support to the court staff when not supporting services to the judge. Input case information in database management system. Establish and maintain ROPs or other office files. Assist court with intake, NTA/COV’s, data input, file creation, etc.
• If needed, assist the judge while hearing cases by operating devices, phones, or other aids used by the Judge while on the bench. Provide assistance with case files and ensures that cases are in order for the judge to research and review.
• Type documents from rough drafts such as information concerning different cases or case related matters.
• Serve as a Personal Assistant by providing personal, clerical, and ambulatory assistance to an Immigration Judge. As required, provide assistance by moving books, running office errands, and carrying briefs, report, and case files for an Immigration Judge, before, during, and after court sessions. Acquires/prepares lunch, snacks, drinks for judge. Maintains availability to judge through use of government cell phone.
• Assist when taking the elevator or entering/exiting the work space from the garage. Be able to lift or carry up to 50 Lbs. (this requirement is to assist judge in and out of car or bracing the judge if he loses his balance).
• If needed, serve as a traveling companion for the Judge when the judge is on official travel. Assists with a variety of task such as carrying brief case, helping the judge to his seat, and providing any assistance that may be needed, not only on the airline but at the destination.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Any combination of related experience as an administrative assistant, paralegal, legal
secretary, program assistant or related field.
• Experience with various software, i.e., Windows XP, WordPerfect, MS Word, Lotus 1 2 3,
Excel, and Quattro Pro.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to successfully complete a CGI Background Investigation to include, 50 State
Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks to start employment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance (Moderate Risk
Public Trust) to start employment.
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.