CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Support Associate II - Miami - SECRET CLEARANCE PREFERRED in Miami, Florida
Support Associate II - Miami - SECRET CLEARANCE PREFERRED
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Miami, Florida, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
How would you like to be a part of a team that produces the most important travel document in the world, the US Passport!
Under the direct supervision of the CGI Management Team, the Support Associate II will perform various clerical and repetitive manual functions in a production-oriented office environment.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Mail Open and Document Preparation
• Verify that all applications are included and fees are correct.
• Prioritize applications by creating appropriate batches for routing and expedited applications.
• Pull and prepare applications for scanning and processing through TDIS-PD.
• Verify batch count and review passport applications, monies, checks, early departures, and postage.
• Receive, sort, deliver, process and log regular and expedited postal mail.
• Pack quality checked applications for shipment to permanent file.
• Determine the “Attention: To” mail and distributing it to proper location.
• Prepare applications for scanning through PRISM.
Image Capture (Scanning)
• Operate computer equipment including Image Trac Scanner.
• Electronically image capture (scan) and organize applications.
• Electronically rescan questionable photo image for passport acceptability.
• Electronically rescan questionable document image in PRISM for acceptability.
• Review TDIS photo images for correct alignment.
• Review photo image quality for passport acceptability.
• Review document image from PRISM for quality.
• Enter information from application into data fields with great accuracy.
• Responsible for control and accountability of all passport books received and returned.
• Review application information for errors.
• Review application information and print passport books using passport printers.
• Remove or reject applications and passport books with errors.
• Review printed passport books for errors and quality.
• Verify individual book usage report.
• Prioritize work (i.e., expedited applications and early departures, regular batches).
• Operate computer equipment, including passport printers, and being responsible for the care of this equipment.
• Change foils/ribbons on book printers as directed.
• Responsible for adherence to internal controls procedures at all times
Quality Control and Mail Out
• Check data on passport using optical character reader.
• Determine acceptability of passport quality.
• Perform data entry function and use the computer screen to verify correctness of data.
• Print correct passport endorsements and amendments as appropriate.
• Generate address labels, attach to mailing envelopes, and place sealed envelopes into postal trays for mailing.
• Operate various computer and office equipment.
• Responsible for adherence to internal controls procedures at all times.
Remote Issuance (RI) Document Mail Out
• Verify correctness of address against application image and make any necessary corrections
• Insert passport information inserts into envelope containing applicant documents
• Generate address labels, attach to mailing envelopes and place sealed envelopes into postal trays for mailing
• Type information into form letters.
• Retrieve information utilizing TDIS-PD trace screens to locate applications.
• Locate applications and attach the necessary paperwork for processing.
• Collate correspondence to applicants.
• Place applications in appropriate folder.
• Assist in training employees in the essential job functions, helping to constantly improve the training process/procedure.
• Perform other functions as requested by Management Team.
• Participate and assist within each passport operation as required by the workload.
• Responsible for adherence to internal controls procedures at all times.
A. Job Performance
• Quality - must meet department minimum requirements for quality and job knowledge in one month of hire and thereafter consistently exceed those standards.
• Flexibility - willingly adapt to changes in procedures and assignments. Readily adjust to new situations and responsibilities. Maintain composure and productivity under stressful situations.
• Interpersonal/Organizational Communication - interact harmoniously, productively and in a courteous manner with DOS, Passport customers and co-workers. Willingly and positively accept feedback about performance, and respond with constructive improvements. Actively build relationships with others, which are free of conflict and lead to an easy exchange of information and help. Execute directions and plans from management, and demonstrates an ability to understand and help accomplish the overall goals of the Agency. Take care not to disturb others, (e.g. loud noises or excessive socializing.
• Time Utilization - use time effectively, set priorities, organize work and maintain an efficient workflow.
• Attendance - maintain an acceptable attendance record by not abusing leave time based on company policy and consistently pre-schedule planned leave with supervisor well in advance of time off.
• Punctuality - report to work at the appointed start time and continues to complete assigned tasks until the appropriate end time. Be prompt in returning from breaks, lunches and appointments.
D. Mental Demands:
• Ability to perform professionally in a highly stressful environment.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks.
• Willingness to learn other department tasks and assists in other areas of passport services as needed.
• Maintains flexibility to learn.
E. Physical Demands:
• Read rapidly from both paper and a computer terminal.
• Manual dexterity in the use of word processing equipment.
• Capable of performing daily repetitive tasks.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• One (1) year of office experience
• Attention to detail.
• Basic personal computer skills.
• Good hand to eye coordination.
• Capable of doing repetitive tasks such as lifting, standing, sitting, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, filing and reading.
• Good data entry skills.
• Good filing and file retrieval skills
• Ability to work in one place and transverse the office on a continuing basis.
• Ability to transport up to 30 lbs.
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required
• High School diploma
• Applicants selected will be subject to a CGI credit/background check and a government security investigation.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an office environment.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in an environment involving personal computer hardware and software, including local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.