CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. IT Project Manager- Life Science / Finance Systems in Middletown, New Jersey
IT Project Manager- Life Science / Finance Systems
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Middletown, New Jersey, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Project Manager oversees multiple projects to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules, and budgets; coordinates interdepartmental functions in order to minimize delays; meets with program team members on a regular basis to review program status and plan future actions.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
• Responsible for the delivery of various IT projects from concept through final implementation
• Understand existing business processes and serve as an IT Project Management subject matter expert (SME)
• Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available departmental resources to various project phases
• Formulate and define scope and objectives of projects
• Confer with project staff to outline work plan, identify, and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks
• Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
• Prepare project reports for management, Clients, or others
• Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
• Coordinate project activities with activities of business units
• Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications
• Manage internal and external systems, application development, and infrastructure projects from inception to successful implementation
• Work closely with end users, business technologists and others to understand business goals and information needs, and then develop system requirements and design specifications; direct efforts to refine conceptual systems design requirements into the technical design
• Others as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Experience and working knowledge of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) software such as Adaptive Insights, Hyperion, Etc..
• Software implementation experience as a Project Manaager for Finanace applications.
• Strong understanding of biologics, Clinical, or R&D.
• Solid understanding the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management
• Strong analysis, design and implementation experience with technologies
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
• Technical proficiency in systems software, as well as experience implementing packages and working with vendors
• Skill in conceptualizing creative solutions, as well as documenting them and presenting/selling them to senior management
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Strong customer focus and ability to manage Client expectations
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Data integration – Familiar/experience managing technical projects with technical architecture, data technologies, data integration, data migration/mapping, and data models.
Significant experience defining IT strategies and roadmaps; designing solutions; and defining/implementing tactical plans in the following areas: Enterprise Information Management and Structured Data Management, Data Integration, Data Governance, and Data Migration
Familiar/experience with FP&A software such as Adaptive Insights, Hyperion, Etc..
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.