CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Montgomery, Alabama
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
CGI is looking for an experienced business analyst to help an enterprise client define and manage the development of new applications and enhancements to existing applications. You will work in a fast-paced environment and become an integral part of the client’s vision for the future. Areas of business analysis include both user facing content and back-end processing. You will be involved in a mission critical project, working with a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself who build quality solutions for a variety of customers. Take your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in client discussions about their requirements and translate them into system configurations.
• Complete system configurations on time, accurately and to spec.
• Provide organization and management around file delivery and client feedback.
• Validate file content both manually and with the support of technology.
• Partner with another Business Analysts to test each other’s work.
• Collaborate with other core Delivery Team members to present a consistent message to the client.
• Participate in project status meetings, internally and with the client.
• Escalate appropriately critical unresolved issues, including recommendations for resolution.
• Advocate and enforce best practices in your work.
• Exchange best practices and lessons learned with other Business Analysts to further the skills of the profession. Identify areas in need of improvement and take specific actions to bridge the gap.
• Improve our client-facing Professional Services materials with each new project.
• Consistently deliver a timely and professional response to all customer requests.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, Business or related field or equivalent experience
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire extensive subject matter expertise.
• Demonstrated ability to explain complex data concepts to non-technical people.
• Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines on time.
• Professional client presence, influencing and active listening skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.