Senior QA Automation Engineer
Senior QA Automation Engineer
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
Main location: United States, Tennessee, Nashville
Position ID: J0523-2203
Employment Type: Full Time
Do you want to take your career to the next level? CGI is looking for a dedicated and experienced QA Engineer with a passion for solving business problems to join our team in Nashville. At CGI, you will solve important business and technical problems as a full-time consultant serving local, enterprise clients. You’ll be part of a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself and make an impact with both internal and client partners. Tired of the same old business domain and technology stack? Are you passionate about learning a variety of new technologies and enjoy a quick paced atmosphere? Consider joining CGI, a premier consulting firm that inspires personal and professional growth and values your ideas.
What we value:
• Passionate technologists
• Lifelong learners
• Problem solvers
• Excellent written and verbal communicators
• People who enjoy working with both business and technical stakeholders
• People who engage in their local community
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ONSITE - NASHVILLE, TN
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Organize, mentor, and lead a team of QA engineers
• Document and report project status to client stakeholders
• Ensure quality delivery by analyzing business requirements and creating test plans and test cases
• Plan and execute automated, performance, and manual test scenarios and test cases for a variety of software and data implementations
• Participate in the full software development life cycle from analysis, design, implementation, and quality assurance to delivery and support
• Collaborate with team members to find better, more efficient ways of doing things
• Engage with business partners to analyze business processes and gather requirements
• Work with team members to estimate project tasks
• Grow your career and enhance your technical abilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Hands on experience designing and building test automation in tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Smartbear, Postman, SoapUI, and TestComplete
• Knowledge of industry standard automation tools and frameworks, with hands-on ability to implement and execute automated tests
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with a diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and domain experts
• Demonstrated ability to recognize business needs, analyze requests, and recommend solid testing solutions
• Willing to flex between all aspects of QA including manual and automated testing
• Proactively determine gaps and failure points in requirements, user stories, test cases, test plans, and test scripts and determine ways users may misunderstand prescribed flows for a feature or application
• Document, report, and communicate defects and trends discovered in the QA process
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, and steadfast attention to detail
• Experience programming in a modern programming language such as Java, Python, C# or similar programming language
• Solid understanding of database principles and the ability to write and understand SQL
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Management or Computer Information Systems (MIS or CIS) or related degree or significant experience as a QA Automation Engineer
This position is located in Nashville, TN and a hybrid role.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Hands on experience designing and building performance tests in tools such as JMeter and LoadRunner
• Experience testing a wide range of data, ETL, API, web application, serverless, mobile, and/or reporting solutions
• Experience with CI/CD integrations and Git
• Working knowledge and/or hands on experience testing cloud applications in AWS/Azure
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $74,600 - $165,300.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.