CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Software Developer in Nashville, Tennessee
Senior Software Developer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Do you want to take your career to the next level? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high-profile clients? CGI is looking for a talented, driven, and experienced senior software developer with a passion for solving business problems to join our Nashville team. At CGI, you'll do more than just sling code, you will solve challenging business and technical problems as a full-time consultant serving local, enterprise clients. You’ll be part of a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself and make an impact with both internal and client stakeholders. Tired of the same old thing? Take your talents to a world class consulting firm that inspires personal and professional growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in the full software development life cycle from scoping, analysis, design, implementation, and quality assurance to delivery and support
• Collaborate with team members to find better, more efficient ways of doing things, and at times serve as a team lead
• Solve challenging business and technical problems to meet client needs
• Design and implement multi-tier software using the latest technologies, such as Java, ASP.NET MVC, PHP, AngularJS, and SQL Server
• Be part of a fast-paced team providing leading IT solutions to local enterprise clients
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 5 years of experience developing enterprise, full life-cycle solutions preferably using Java, .NET, or PHP and relational databases, such as SQL Server or Oracle
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with a diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter experts (SME)
• Strong experience building end-to-end web applications and utilizing web API frameworks such as MVC, Spring, or Hibernate
• Demonstrated ability to recognize business needs, analyze requests, recommend solid technical solutions, and lead in delivering the solution
• Preferred experience as a Technical Lead or hands-on Team Lead assisting with design and code reviews, task assignments, and guiding best practices
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and relentless attention to detail
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS, or related field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.