CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Instructional Designer in New York, New York
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Digital Customer Experience
City: New York, New York, United States
Position ID: J0121-0215
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
We are looking to hire an Instructional Designer to work with our dynamic CGI team!
This is an exciting opportunity to work with CGI’s Emerging Industries group. You will be exposed to diverse project environment and work with seasoned personnel in helping them satisfy critical regulatory obligations. The role requires working with both business and technology groups and has high upward visibility – reporting directly to the Training Manager for this initiative.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances knowledge
•Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
• Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
• Create supporting material/media (simulations, job aids, storyboards and eLearning)
retention and transfer for the new work process and new technology being implemented
• Create educational material for web-based courses including storyboards and their review.
• Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
• State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
• Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
• Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
• Work on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Maintain project documentation and course folders
• 5+ years of experience with BS or 3+ with MA as a Training Designer
• Expertise in Visio, PowerPoint, Captivate, Articulate, storyboard and at least one Learning Management System
• Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
• Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
• Lesson and curriculum planning skills
• Ability to write effective instructional text, audio scripts/video script
• Ability to learn and navigate the new technology being implemented by the project to take screen shots and create training scenarios
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
MS Office 5 Expert
Visio 3+ Intermediate - Expert
Articulate 3+ Expert
Captivate 3+ Expert
Storyboard 3+ Expert
Video Editing Software (any 1) 3+ Intermediate - Expert
LMS 3+ Intermediate - Expert
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill
• Self-organized and ability to multi-task
Minimum Education Required: BS or MA degree in education, adult learning, instructional systems design, educational technology or similar
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $85,000/ year - $95,000/ year*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.