CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Solutions Architect - Financial Industry in New York, New York
Solutions Architect - Financial Industry
Find similar career opportunities
Solutions Architect - Financial Industry
City: New York, New York, United States
Position ID: J1118-1637
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Hotscan 360
If you are a hands-on Solution Architect who is motivated by helping clients maintain and improve their legacy systems, then CGI is looking for you. Our Anti Financial Crimes division is committed to helping clients reduce risk and stay ahead of the regulatory curve. We offer an enterprise risk management solution utilizing the latest emerging technologies. Implemented in more than 30 countries, HotScan 360 Suite filters more than 60% of the world’s foreign exchange trades every day.
As Solution Architect, you will work as a key member of the CGI team, partnering with client internal business and technology organizations to design and implement solutions across the software development lifecycle according to the organization’s strategic roadmap in conjunction with industry standards. You will work alongside technical leads, developers, and other cross-functional team members to ensure that mission functional needs are met by solutions that optimize use of client-approved technologies. You will help ensure that client applications are architected to make optimum use of available technologies, are highly secure, and meet scalability and performance requirements. Mission-critical applications for this client may be built on modern or legacy frameworks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Solutions Architect will:
• Work on client site (may vary in US/CA)
• Work directly with senior clients (including C-Level clients) to articulate and document the rationale for solutioning decisions and CGI’s approach
• Review existing applications, technology stack, and roadmap documents with the application leads and provide feedback for improvements and recommendations
• Provide architectural oversight, technology evaluation, and modernization options for various applications in the portfolio.
• Collaborate, communicate, and coordinate with clients, team members, and other client-internal IT organizations to manage a variety of efforts, from platform upgrades to technology replacement to modernization.
• Provide thought leadership and technical guidance for the strategy of Cloud migration and Data Center moves
• Serve as a trusted advisor and consultant to the client to introduce best practices for all O&M and enhancement activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
• Well-versed in web technologies and modern architecture as well as legacy systems and best practices.
• Work effectively with cross-functional team members and client-internal IT organizations
• Experience interpreting business models, system models, use cases and sequence diagrams; and creating technical architecture specifications, class diagrams and object models.
• Prior Solution Architecture experience on projects involving multiple mission-critical applications using a variety of modern and legacy technologies.
• Experience applying Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts
• Experience in an agile/iterative environment
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.