CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Project Manager - Financial Industry in New York, New York
Technical Project Manager - Financial Industry
Find similar career opportunities
Technical Project Manager - Financial Industry
Category: Project Management
City: New York, New York, United States
Position ID: J1118-1625
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Hotscan 360
CGI Anti Financial Crimes division is committed to helping clients reduce risk and stay ahead of the regulatory curve. We offer an enterprise risk management solution utilizing the latest emerging technologies. Implemented in more than 30 countries, HotScan 360 Suite filters more than 60% of the world’s foreign exchange trades every day.
Working as a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day tactical duties for the project. The PM will be accountable to oversee results of multi-functional project teams and be responsible for the administrative/operational leadership of a project within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer. Candidates will work with project teams to support all aspects of project planning and execution activities with particular emphasis on defining and providing management reporting for schedule, effort and quality metrics. Project Managers will also monitor project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained. This position may be client facing. Will provide the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received while potentially conducting performance/project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Project Manager will:
• Responsible for managing and overseeing the overall project including the customizations, interface, printing, and reports.
• Responsible for managing the contracts, managing the project schedule, communicating the schedule to the leads, obtaining status, managing scope, and managing issues and risks.
• Responsibilities also include internal CGI management communications for financials, health check reporting, invoice management, and staff management.
• Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects
• Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope
• Develop implementation plans that include analyses such as cost-benefit or return on investment (ROI).
• Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel
• Establish and execute a project communication plan.
• Identify need for initial or supplemental project resources.
• Identify, review, or select vendors or consultants to meet project needs.
• Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans.
• Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables.
• Negotiate with project stakeholders or suppliers to obtain resources or materials.
• Schedule and facilitate meetings related to information technology projects.
• Assess current or future customer needs and priorities through communicating directly with customers, conducting surveys, or other methods.
• Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
• Monitor the performance of project team members, providing and documenting performance feedback.
• Perform risk assessments to develop response strategies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field
• 3-5 years prior relevant project management experience
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to communicate with “C” level executives as well as business managers
• Strong analytical skills and ability to learn quickly and independently
• Strong software delivery experience
• Strong negotiation skills
• Experience managing diverse teams
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.