Program Manager / Applications Lead
Newport News, VA
Program Manager / Applications Lead
Category: Project Management
Main location: United States, Virginia, Newport News
Position ID: J1123-0509
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - CGI Federal roles - What we do matters
CGI is looking for a Program Manager in the Newport News, VA area to join our team. This position will support a Department of Defense (DoD) client with planning, organizing, securing, coordinating, and managing resources to initiate and successfully deliver the requirements of a large government contract across a highly diverse team. This project is a fast paced and dynamic environment that leverages such things as Agile/Scrum methodology to quickly build solutions based on customer requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Actively participates in design and development of system and application solution
• Ensures delivered work meets technical and functional requirements
• Lead creation and maintenance of architectures, roadmaps, and plans
• Direct project planning, systems engineering development, and implementation according to cost, schedule, and scope requirements
• Apply expert domain knowledge, professional principles, and theories to develop advanced concepts, techniques, solutions, and standards
• Expertly manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality program capabilities on time and within budget, including subcontractors
• Oversee performance to specified contract SLAs and direct changes to meet the SLAs as needed
• Bring proven new ideas and best practices that will enhance performance
• Assists in proper adaption of functional requirements into product design
• Participates in development activities as per defined best practices
• Mentors junior members on the team
• Takes ownership of the components/tasks and make sure they are delivered with high quality
• Stays on schedule with customer deliverables
• Strong technical acumen with the ability to contribute to the application development process
• Proficient with technology-based tools and processes
• Customer service oriented
• Practices continuous improvement
• Ability to analyze, identify, and solve problems
• Consistently meet customer deadlines, requirements, and expectations
• Adaptable to frequent changes
• Participates effectively in team environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Education: Shall possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Science, or Information Technology.
• Shall possess a Certification in Agile Software Development Life Cycle process
• At least 5 years’ experience as a Program Manager on an IT or Systems Engineering (SE) related program
• Experience working with and supporting Army Leadership
• Experience with how the Army runs and conducts business
• At least 10 years of demonstrated experience managing software intensive technology projects within complex IT environments
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience applying the Software Development Life Cycle processes and successful delivery of high-quality software applications
• At least two years’ experience/knowledge with principles of cloud computing, systems administration, network engineering, and data warehousing using third party hosting providers
• Experience leading large, enterprise web-based software applications with complex data federation demonstrated by leading software teams of over 25 staff members
• Experience responding to and expeditiously resolving system availability disruptions and maintaining continuity of operations through ITIL processes
• Experience with the application of Business Intelligence (BI), integration of both structured and unstructured data in support of operational processes, and management of a diverse workforce to solve complex information management challenges
Experience with cloud service providers, both Government and/or commercial, as well as collaboration efforts with DISA.
• Agile Coaching experience
• Business Consulting experience
• Knowledge of Army Futures Command or Training and Doctrine Command organization
• Knowledge of Army Operational, Systems or Technical Architectures
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $155,000 - $165,000.
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship.
Business Process Consulting
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.