CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Video Developer in Newport News, Virginia
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City:Newport News, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence at CGI Federal. We are seeking a Video Developer to support operations in our Newport News, VA location.
We are initiating a major project that will build a new training capability for the U.S. Army. Designs, develops, documents, and delivers high-quality videos that capture key aspects of Army Training Information System (ATIS). A successful candidate will be responsible for the pre-production, production, and post-production activities of producing high-quality videos for ATIS. Participates in user-support related tasks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• The Video Developer’s primary duty is to produce Army Training Information System (ATIS) instructional videos. Video production includes quality assurance of video products and reviewing scripts in the conception, development, and production processes.
• The Video Developer transforms scripted and storyboarded content into interactive, visually impressive online learning content comprised of graphic design, animation, and video.
• The Video Developer documents and produces educational and multi-media projects for the Army Training Information System.
• The videographer utilizes video production skills including, but not limited to, development, directing, producing, script writing, graphic design, sound design/recording, and editing.
• The Video Developer handles all post-production editing, including creation and addition of graphics, interactive elements, and other visuals to support Army individual training and adult learning.
• The Video Developer manages podcast development; including video podcasts (schedules interviews, records, edits, and publishes periodical podcast series online).
• The Video Developer plays an integral part in the collaboration and execution of various ATIS projects related to video and audio production to help increase the value of ATIS to the Army enterprise.
• The Video Developer will coordinate work with the ATIS training team to ensure all concepts were captured correctly within the products.
• The Video Developer collaborates with other ATIS departments and stakeholders on products as needed.
• The Video Developer makes recommendations for future software and production equipment to purchase to further increase the training capabilities.
• The Video Developer will utilize authoring tools (e.g., Articulate, Lectora, Captivate, etc.) and audio and video editing software (Adobe Premier, Adobe Audition, Audacity, etc.) to develop content.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A Bachelor's degree in a related field and 3 years' experience is required for this role. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement.
• 3+ years’ experience in content production and editing, using all formats, and 1 year experience with exporting video to handheld devices.
• Experience with customer engagement including story boarding, design, and implementation.
• Knowledge and ability to use video production equipment, and software, including linear and non-linear editing.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
• 3 years’ experience writing and editing scripts for production.
• Ability to record and edit sound files and edit sound effects into production.
• Ability to provide accurate and constructive recommendations to improve videos and scripts produced.
• Active Secret security clearance required.
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.