CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Training Manager/Agile Coach in Owings Mills, Maryland
Training Manager/Agile Coach
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Digital Customer Experience
City:Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Training Manager/Agile Coach is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the healthcare industry. The Training Manager/Agile coach must have hands-on experience with SAFe agile practices, roles and responsibilities, tools and techniques.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide technical agile coaching to various development teams as they start their agile journey
• Help teams understand the value of test automation and deployment automation towards reaching continuous integration and continuous deployment goals
• Must have a solid grasp of the technical needs different teams have in order to adopt DevOps practices
• Work with teams on relevant technical agile practices including Unit Testing, Mocking, TDD, Pairing, Mobbing, Refactoring, Automated Testing, ATDD/BDD, CI/CD and such
• Provide continuous guidance and feedback on SAFe agile practices, roles and responsibilities, tools and techniques
• Perform regular monitoring and suggest necessary course corrections
• Answer practical questions to help team members put their agile training into action
• Act as change agents, motivating and helping make change happen
• Knowledge and experience navigating enterprise IT environments
• Must understand how to guide IT organizations towards continuous delivery practices for their applications
• Must be a good communicator
• A relevant degree in computer science or a related field is a plus, but not as important as real-world experience
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 15 years of software development, implementation or delivery experience
• Experience teaching Scaled Agile SAFe
• Experience doing eXtreme Programming, Software Craftsmanship, and/or DevOps
• 5 years of solid experience with Scrum, Kanban and/or other agile frameworks
• 3 years of agile coaching experience Agile/Scrum coaching (ability to coach multiple teams in the values/principles of Agile and the practices of Scrum)
• SAFe Certification
• Ability to pair program with any developer on a team to help coach best programming practices
• Ability to deliver technical agile training
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Conflict resolution skills
• Experience transitioning teams from Waterfall environments to Agile
Technical skills and experience preferred include:
• Java, Go
• SonarQube, Fortify, FitNesse
• AWS, Splunk
Experience with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) systems or with healthcare performance measures a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.