CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Agile Coach in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J1218-0872
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is looking for an Agile Coach to join the team in Philadelphia, PA.
Spearhead fundamental change in how IT develops and delivers software through dedicated coaching in a Dojo style model and/or working across scrum teams, release trains and large solutions
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Coach across the program layer (e.g., breakdown of epic to features, stand up of systems teams, product management, etc.) and to maintain portfolio and team level execution alignment. You will coach between 2 to 6 teams.
• In order to ensure consistency of practices, use the Agile CoE assets such as agile training, playbooks, assessments, etc. You will also use the Agile CoE playbooks to measure program progress and track criteria to self-sufficiency. You will also be responsible to deliver and drive the Agile CoE’s processes and methodologies to the IT community (e.g., ASGs/TSGs).
• Coach teams on how to set up and leverage client's agile project management tool for epic/feature/stories and inward and outward reporting. In addition, this person will leverage the tool for PI planning and dependency tracking.
• The selected candidate will support client's Community of Practice (CoP) by actively engaging and contributing to best practices.
• Will be an enterprise evangelist of agile ceremonies, practices and values.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of IT experience, including Project Management responsibilities. Prior delivery role (e.g., , release manager, developer, tester) experience highly desirable.
• 3+ years of agile coaching experience, including programs with offshore and distributed teams.
• Experience coaching in highly matrixed organizations including highly diverse technology environments (e.g., Java, .Net, Mainframe, Cloud Services, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to coach one or more Release Trains or coaching programs of at least 100 people.
• Excellent facilitation and written and verbal skills.
• Test Automation Experience
• One or more Agile certifications (e.g., CSM, CSPO, CSP, PSM, PSPO) required. SAFe certifications (SA, SP, SPC) highly desirable.
• Experience with several agile project management tools (Jira, VersionOne, Rally, etc)
• Minimum 5 years of experience supporting business information/data management initiatives with a focus on new development.
• Experience in the health insurance industry is strongly preferred.
• Ability to present analysis and findings in business context. Experience working with a cross-functional team to implement a key strategic project / enhancements.
• Depending upon the need, ability to act in different capacities for various tasks and projects.
• Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Experience with the team operating from Onsite and Offshore
• Experience with creating a roadmap for large scale agile transformation from Waterfall to Agile
• Experience with working Client executives and presenting Roadmap for Agile transformation
Healthcare knowledge is an added advantage
• Has strong focus on business outcomes and is focused on results
• Leverages exceptional ability and motivation to solve problems and learn fast
• Is able to provide and receive constructive feedback with in the target group, Governance, Development, Infrastructure and Security groups
• Excellent planning, conceptual, interpersonal and communication skills, management skills and analytical ability
• Supports teams in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies which assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives by coaching teams through the technology TCO, ROI and long term support implications.
• Provides consultative leadership to business units and IT management at the highest technical level on all phases of project development cycle
• Leverages his/her skills to attract top talent
Experience and Education:
• The ideal candidate will have 7 years minimum experience working across 2 or more different areas of IT.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other hypothesis driven area of study. Advanced degree in similar area of study preferred.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Project Management 10+ Advanced
Agile 5+ Advanced
Agile coaching 3+ Advanced
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.