CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Customer Service Representative ($16.61/hr) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Customer Service Representative ($16.61/hr)
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for outgoing, experienced Customer Service Representatives to support the Philadelphia Passport Agency. The ideal candidates should possess excellent communication skills, have experience in working with customers in a front facing capacity and ability to work as a team in a fast paced environment. This position processes highly sensitive and confidential information.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US Citizenship is required. Must be able to lift and carry 45lbs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Support Associate Level III provides support to the Government staff and performs accounting functions, prepares letters, reports and specialized correspondence. The Support Associate Level III shall perform all duties required by the Support Associate Level II including, but not limited to, the following:
• Review all types of Passport application (i.e. DS-82, DS-11, DS 5504, DS 4085, and re- entry applications) data to ensure completed basic information is recorded accurately into DOS systems
• Assist DOS Passport Specialists with Holds removal cases. Duties include reviewing documentation, faxing information, and maintaining a file system
• Handle complaint letters/phone calls
• Deal with urgent requests by applicants, under the direction of a DOS Passport Specialist Perform an administrative review on suspended applications. Attach proper paperwork to application to continue the EF/AR process Insuring TDIS-PD screen is updated with the correct suspense information
• Generate Informational Request Letters (IRLs) and emails that clearly convey requests for additional documentation or information to passport applicants
• Access Passport information forms to prepare Lookouts for the CLASS system as directed by the designated Passport Specialist
• Prepare correspondence for applications not issued
• Generate corrective correspondence for acceptance agents
• Interface with the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) to resolve cases
• Perform an administrative review on suspended applications. Filling out and affixing a suspense tag indicating DOS letters to be sent to applicant. Insuring TDIS-PD screen is updated with the correct suspense information
• Deal with urgent requests by applicants, under the direction of a DOS Passport Specialist
• Verify all applications to determine the proper payment for expedite service
• Attach the proper paperwork to application to continue the EF/AR process
• Generate IRLs and email or call Expedite Fee (EF)/Application Response (AR) applicants
• Receive undeliverable Passports, requesting issued applications from QC, and resolving mailing problems
• Perform Quality Control in verifying that application data matches Passport processing data
• Assist in training lower level Support Associates in job functions, duties, and tasks
• Contact those acceptance facilities that bypass the lockbox provider without authorization
• Assist with “not issued cases” (also called “abandoned cases”), including, photocopy application and attachments, fax/scan, set up application to be abandoned and forward hard copies to requesting Agency
• Communicate with passport acceptance facility program managers under the direction of the CSM
• Communicate with stakeholders, such as: Congressional offices, community-based organizations, USPS, Lockbox, and other Government Agencies (except for law- enforcement) under the direction of the CSM
• Collect and record survey responses
• Identify and take initiative to report trends or patterns in the volume or nature of inquiries handled
• When not directly assisting Customer Service, serve as a member of NPIC search team
• Conduct research on passport cases by gathering information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: applications, supporting documents, the internet, telephone calls, government, commercial, and open source databases. Write recommended findings in a clear and concise manner that summarize the information gathered and identified during research
• Perform analyses on passport cases being suspended to identify trends that may be useful in future research that is being conducted sent to Passport Specialists. Identify errors and areas for improvement in memos associated with these applications
• Acceptance Agent Online Training. Candidates must pass the exam with score of 90 percent or higher. If the candidate is unable to achieve this score on the first attempt, they will be given a second attempt to do so.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Capable of doing repetitive functions such as lifting, sitting, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, and filing.
• Standing in the public waiting area of the agency, while assisting the internal and external customer and general public. You may be required to stand for a minimum of 6 hours, but not to exceed 12 hours in a given day based upon scheduling requirements.
• Ability to work as triage helper in managing the public in an orderly manner.
• Ability to move up to 45 lbs
• Ability to work in inclement weather conditions, as requested by our government customer.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or) 4 years of experience as a Support Associate Level II or III (or) 4 years of experience data entering in a high volume production environment, and;
• Four (4) years of general office experience, including;
• Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
• Must meet all qualifications requirements of the Support Associate Level II
• (Preferred) knowledge and understanding of the laws, rules and regulations pertaining to eligibility for and issuance of a U.S. Passport
• Ability to learn and recall information about Passport application procedures and the laws and regulations pertaining to Passport requirements
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and effectively communicate with a wide audience
• Ability to comprehend and communicate the requirements for a Passport in a professional and courteous manner both over the telephone and in-person
• Ability to maintain composure and objectivity in stressful situations and in dealing with multiple inquiries
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: SECRET
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.