CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Fraud Associate Level II - Spanish Speaking in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Fraud Associate Level II - Spanish Speaking
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Fraud Associate Level II - Spanish Speaking
City: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J1119-0183
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
Under the direct supervision of the CGI Management personnel, the Bilingual (English/Spanish) Fraud Associate Level II assists the Fraud team in completing various duties, including translation and Spanish speaking requirements as needed. This employee will is expected to perform various clerical and repetitive manual functions. Operate various office equipment and machinery in the preparation, processing, and mailing of passports and passport related documents. Utilizes the current TDIS-PD and PRISM computer operating systems to include document preparation, creation of document batches, document imaging (scanning) and reviewing, retrieval of individual application information, data entry, book printing, the generation of mailing labels, and sorting and affixing postage to sealed envelopes. Must be able to perform quality checks for standard fee information on individual applications. Ability to follow pre-set pattern for document sequencing. Insert and retrieve application packages from file cabinets. May involve performing cashiering duties on occasion. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
With oversight from the Government Fraud Program Manager (FPM), the Fraud Associate Level II performs data analysis in support of the Fraud Program Office and other duties as assigned.
The Fraud Associate Level II performs all duties assigned to a Fraud Associate Level I as well as, but not limited to, the following:
• Assist with any Spanish speaking needs and or required translation of correspondence and/or documents
• Read rapidly from both paper and a computer terminal
• Liaise with other DOS agencies and other USG agencies while performing daily duties
• Assist in processing applications referred to the FPM by Passport Specialists and Acceptance Agents
• Process initial fraud case paperwork, enter data, perform quality control reviews of data entered
• Process fraud case paperwork, including: scan fraud cases, enter or update applicant information into National Fraud Database (ECAS), PLOTS, Travel Document Issuance System (TDIS), and other databases; determine the appropriate Class category; perform quality control reviews of data entered; and maintain paper and electronic file libraries (SharePoint)
• Complete pre-formatted letters (addressing a variety of deficiencies) to Passport applicants whose files have been referred to the FPM office, proofread correspondence, correct and deficiencies
• Assist in verifying vital records and other public records
• Perform telephone and written inquiries concerning pending applications for FPM and team members
• Assist in preparing Passport fraud detection training materials
• Retrieve mail, file requests, or other information from other DOS offices
• Maintain and monitor fraud files and file logs. Match incoming correspondence from applicants and law enforcement officials with Passport files
• Maintain paper and electronic file libraries
• Assist in training other Fraud Associate Level I’s and maintain training materials
• Assist in process improvement
• Enter and maintain data in an in-house fraud database
• Verify and analyze data in various internal, law enforcement, and commercial databases (e.g. LexisNexis, CCD, EVVE, CURP, CLEAR) and report results
• Track fraud case statistics
• Update Agency/Center FPM SharePoint page
• Interface with Diplomatic Security and other Passport Center/Agencies
• Interface with stakeholders (acceptance facilities, law enforcement, and other Government agencies)
• Conduct analytical case reviews
• Assist in curriculum development and training aides for Passport staff training
• Provide training, oversight, and guidance to lower level Fraud Associates and other contract staff in the Fraud Office
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree (or) 4 years of experience as a Support Associate Level III or IV (or) 4 years of experience in law enforcement, criminal justice, intelligence, or other professional analytic positions, and;
• Three (3) years of law enforcement, criminal justice, intelligence, or other professional analytic experience, and;
• Five (5) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
• ALL CANDIDATES must pass a pre-employment language assessment measuring their proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing, in Spanish. Candidates must score at an Advanced Level on the pre-employment assessment administered by ALTA Language Services to remain eligible for consideration for the position.
• Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to quickly assimilate information, analyze facts, and accurately report to management
• Possess comprehensive writing skills, ability to proofread correspondence, convey ambiguities, and correct deficiencies
• Good hand-eye coordination
• Ability to remain flexible and adapt under pressure in stressful situations and follow instructions and established procedures
• Capable of performing repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy, such as: lifting, standing, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, opening/sending mail, stacking, shredding, packing/moving/stacking boxes, un-stapling, paper-clipping, sorting, filing, and reading
• Ability to work in one place and traverse the office on a continuing basis
• Ability to provide basic customer service skills
• Ability to operate desktop and industrial sized scanners
• Must meet all qualifications requirements of the Fraud Associate Level I
• Capable of analyzing facts and evaluating information, drawing conclusions from such evaluations, and formulating recommendations
• Capable of leading small teams
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship and a Secret clearance is required.
• A basic knowledge of the current TDIS computer system, ability to determine quality and correctness of prepared Passports and maintain issued applications in an orderly and traceable fashion.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.