PEGA Lead System Architect
PEGA Lead System Architect
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Position ID: J0923-0799
Employment Type: Full Time
The Pega Lead System Architect will be responsible for designing, developing, or modifying software of core application processing platforms. The candidate works with other Pega developers and develops, analyses, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains, and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. They will also participate in the design, development, and implementation of applications, often using new technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
With guidance from the Project Manager and in collaboration with team members, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Work with the Architect team on designs, integrations, and estimates to ensure proposed and existing solution are aligned with organizational goals and objectives
• Review design projects and architectural plans, provide architectural solutions, and identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation
• Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Analysts and software development teams on the use of the Pega Platform (Alcyon)
• Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established Pega PRPC standards
• Responsible for application configuration, defining best practices, and delivering high quality solutions on-time and on-budget
• Document and maintain the organizations existing solutions architecture and technology portfolio; Make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives
• Collaborate with Project Managers, vendors, and IT stakeholders
• As a Pega Lead System Architect, you will work with technical writers to ensure quality documentation
• Mentor and participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
• Participate in agile estimations, planning, daily ceremonies, and retrospectives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent preferred but not required
• Must have PCSA, PCSSA certification. PCLSA is preferred
• 7+ years of software development experience with skills in Pega and strong knowledge in Java
• Must be able to analyze, design and support implementation of business specific Pega solutions and/or frameworks
• Ability to create reusable components that can be leveraged across the enterprise for providing top-notch customer experience
• Capable of translate complex business requirement into functional technical requirements using Pegasystems tools
• Excellent hands on implementing PEGA integration services using REST, SOAP, Email, etc.; Good understanding of PEGA new case management features
• Extensive knowledge of Pega implementation methodologies and Pega Unit testing, and Pega Guard rails
• Consumed, developed, and implemented API' s and architecture patterns
• Ability to design, develop and manage workflows, User Interfaces, Activities, Utilities, and Decision Rules
• Extensive knowledge on debugging, Data transforms, CI/CD and Pega 8.x version features
• Excellent knowledge in SDLC, agile, and other implementation methodologies
• Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $84,000 - $165,300.”
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.