CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Application Architect in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Senior Application Architect
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Application Architect
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US United States
Position ID: J0521-1754
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
We are hiring a Senior Application Architect with 12+ years of development and solution delivery experience.
At CGI, you get to build solutions as a full time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project, working with a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself who build quality solutions for a variety of customers. Take your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead the technical solution for the team's proofs-of-concept, prototypes and eventual end products or solutions.
• Collaborate with client stakeholders, third-party partners, FinTech, software vendors, and academia to design and build innovative prototypes and solutions that tackle real-time issues and advance the core of how we do business.
• Regularly take abstract, early-stage product or solution concepts, and build them with technology.
• Work along-side a strong design team, and share your expertise in using technology to advocate for the customer.
• Facilitate brainstorming and design sessions to rapidly identify solutions, align stakeholders and drive timely and achievable results.
• Leads in the overall design of cross-functional, multi-platform, and Web-based application systems; oversees all application system processes.
• Develops application architecture and blueprints aimed at reflecting enterprise business logic.
• Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools. Directs mapping activities on specific technology platforms.
• Provides technical guidance to application development teams. Consults on integration and conversion activities.
• Conducts reviews, and analyses organizational needs and goals to develop and implement applications.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 12+ years of development and delivery experience with Java 8+, Angular 8+, MongoDB, Restful/SOAP web services and Web-based application
• Expertise with cloud-based infrastructure and architecture solutions, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and/or Google Cloud Platform
• Expertise with modern, Agile-based application development methodologies and emerging technologies like microservices, API management, web-scale architectures, DevOps engineering, container-based delivery, cloud automation, TDD, BDD, continuous integration (CI), and CD.
• Proven success facilitating software design and brainstorming sessions
• Demonstrated understanding of relational and NoSQL database models, and "big data" analysis tools and techniques
• Working knowledge of emerging technologies such as ML, Blockchain, IoT, etc.
• Experience working in the banking vertical highly desired
• Java/J2EE: 10+ years
• Angular 8+, Node JS: 5+ years Webservices (Restful/SOAP): 5+ years
• Cloud (Azure, AWS or GCP): 3+ years
Education: BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education
What CGI Offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
Java Enterprise Editions JEE
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.