CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Spring Boot Java Developer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Senior Spring Boot Java Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Spring Boot Java Developer
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US United States
Position ID: J0521-0656
Employment Type: Full Time
The best version of us starts with YOU.
We are hiring a Spring Boot Java Developer with 9+ years of experience to join our dynamic team.
At CGI, you get to do more than just sling code; you get to build solutions as a full time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project, working with a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself who build quality solutions for a variety of customers. Take your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design and develop applications using latest Java and the Spring Boot framework.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements complex software applications.
• Work in an Agile environment and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
• Develop and fix issues to deliver on time and with highest quality
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams and in an Agile environment.
• A knack for solving problems and providing solutions.
• Proactive; willing to take ownership and drive outcomes
• 9+ years of experience developing web applications using J2EE.
• Experience of Rest API development and maintenance using Spring Boot
• Strong knowledge of the Spring framework (Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Data JPA etc.)
• Developing SOAP Web services using Java technologies (Consumer & Producer)
• Hands on experience with Application Servers (WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss)
• Good knowledge of relation database, specifically Oracle (SQL - PL/SQL)
• Open Shift Container Platform, Kafka and Mongo or Oracle DB.
• Microservices knowledge
• Basic understanding of Linux network and server configurations.
• Working knowledge in DevOps tools like Maven, Jenkins, uDeploy and GIT.
• Expertise with business process development and/or Integration with system tools.
o Java J2EE - 9+ years
o Spring Boot & Spring framework
o RESTful Webservices (REST API)
o Maven / Gradle / Git / Jira
o SOAP Web Services
Nice to have:
• OCP, DB, Kafka
• Test Driven Development (JUnit / Spock)
• Docker / Kubernetes / OpenShift
• Experience in the Banking industry
Education: BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education
What CGI Offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
Java Enterprise Editions JEE
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.