CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Developer (Python, Spark, Hadoop) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Software Developer (Python, Spark, Hadoop)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Software Developer (Python, Spark, Hadoop)
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J0221-1445
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The best version of us starts with you. And the best version of you starts here.
CGI helps clients take an enterprise approach to accelerate and maximize their return on technology investments through relevant applied innovation.
We are looking for an exceptional Software Developer with Python and Hadoop experience in to join our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Software Developer (Python and Hadoop) with experience in building tools and utilities for Quality Assurance/Engineering Automation
• Build tools and utilities for Quality Assurance/Engineering Automation
• Write and understand complex SQL
• Prepare project design artifacts,
• Understand HIPPA, PCI, PII and PHI compliance – sensitive data
• Work in an Agile environment utilizing project management tools like JIRA
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Ability to work independently in fast paced team.
• Extensive experience in Python programming/scripting is required.
• Experience in Hadoop and its utilities like Hive and Spark is a required.
• Proficient in writing and understanding complex SQL.
• Experience in UNIX shell scripting is good to have.
• Experience in at least one of the following database technologies: Oracle, Teradata, or SQL Server and file systems like JSON and XML is required.
• Understanding of requirements, business rules analysis, Source to target mapping design.
• Good Agile experience with proficiency in using project management tools like JIRA.
• Should have experience in code deployment, configuration management and continuous delivery tools like Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc.
• Exposure to Java programming and Web UI and API will be an added advantage.
• Good IMS file layouts will be an add on.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.