Sr/Mid-level Android Developer
Sr/Mid-level Android Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Position ID: J0224-0308
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for an Android Developer to work in one of the most significant and highly visible projects providing you with an opportunity to grow professionally and showcase your abilities.
This position should be located in Cleveland, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA or Charlotte, NC offices, however a hybrid working model is acceptable.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for sound and high-quality technical deliverables.
• Analyze and estimate the amount of work for every sprint or release.
• Understand the requirements and current state architecture of the enterprise to create roadmaps for the future enhancements
• Develop mobile application code in coordination with other team members.
• Integrate the mobile applications with the centralized authentication application.
• Create Software Architecture Document, High Level and Low-Level Design document and nonfunctional requirements for the project.
• Work in an Agile environment and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
• Always be ready to be hands-on to develop or fix issues to deliver on time and with highest quality.
• Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans and ensure that the issues are properly identified, fixed and tested.
• Refine the team and develop the application with customer centric ideas and innovation as the core of every activity.
• Escalate issues and concerns to the Teal Lead in a timely manner to avoid impacts to timelines.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience with mobile development.
• 4+ Experience in Rest APIs.
• Experience working with tools like Git, Maven, JFrog, and UDeploy.
• Expertise developing enterprise-level web applications and RESTful APIs using microservices, with demonstrable production-scale experience.
• Working experience in Industry Standard protocols related to API Security including OAuth
• Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using JSON, Web Services, XML, XSLT, PL/SQL in Unix and Windows environments.
• Strong background working with Linux/UNIX environments.
• Strong Shell scripting experience.
• Working knowledge with Oracle, DB2 or Mongo DB databases.
• Passion to stay on top of the latest happenings in the tech world and an attitude to discuss and bring those into play.
• 1Strong agile/scrum development experience
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $84,000 - $186,000.”
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.