CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Analyst - Finance / Operations in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Project Analyst - Finance / Operations
Find similar career opportunities
Project Analyst - Finance / Operations
City: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States
Position ID: J0119-0201
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Operations Analyst will work in the CGI Life Sciences East Sector. This role can be visible to the client Project and Program team and may be responsible to communicate status and updates on the CGI components of the area assigned.
Maintaining and monitoring account operations support, project schedules, resource work hours, budgets and expenditures. Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings. Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from operations meetings. This role can report to one of the following key personnel:
• CGI VP of Consulting and Operations Lead
• CGI Account Lead
• CGI Program or Project Manager
In addition, the Operations Analyst will help manage:
• Day to day account operations as assigned
• Operations specific areas
o Action items
o Meeting management and follow-ups
o Financial management as it relates to operations budget, invoicing, etc.
o Analyze and publish project operational KPI’s and metrics as needed
Individuals in this role will provide significant business value to the area of operations where they have been assigned and to our clients.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications (Primary Responsibilities): Successful individuals will have some consulting experience and have worked in operations in one or more of the key areas mentioned above.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge or financial management
• Able to work within teams and manage as needed
• Basic consulting experience
• Some ability to travel, as may be required to be on client or CGI sites
• Collaborate in ensuring operations, resolution of issues, and mitigation of risks with Program Manager, Project Manager, Invoice Approvers, etc.
• Basic understanding of general accounting for:
o Accounts Receivable
o Revenue and Timecard Management
o Expenses and Budgets
o Forecasting, Time Reporting and Work in Process (WIP) analysis
• Understanding and able to process month end invoices for projects
• Deal with outstanding operations issues and action items to avoid delays
• Escalate invoicing risks/issues as required to the appropriate person
• Plan, organize, lead, monitor and control the activities of their respective assignments
• Provide some direction and guidance as appropriate to the scope and context of the work as it relates to operations
• Provide status updates and reporting on a scheduled basis
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
Clearly identify the essential qualification vs the desired qualifications. What skills/experience must this person have to be considered?
Required Skills: In addition to Primary Responsibilities
• Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
• Knowledge and experience using SharePoint Community Sites
• Demonstrated project and operations coordination experience
• Strong organization skills
• Exemplary Communication Skills, whether face to face, tele-conference, video or transient electronic communication methods (IM, Skype, SMS) and practical knowledge of best communication method to use for circumstances
• Attention to detail
• Ability to manage and handle impact of change, support of contract change orders
• Understanding or experience with contracts and change orders
Desired Skills: In addition to Primary Responsibilities and Required Skills
• Life Sciences and/or Healthcare experience
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Project
• Business analyst experience or understanding
• Business development and/or opportunity recognition skill set
• Experience in training users as may be needed to train on operations SOP’s, etc. as they are rolled out
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.