CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager in Princeton, New Jersey
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Position ID: J0221-2863
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a seasoned project managers to join our growing team supporting life science clients through end to end solution offerings and professional services. The successful candidate must be able to work in a cross-functional environment and interact with representatives from CGI, and our end-clients. This project manager will work at various CGI/ clients consulting and executing various life science business and IT initiatives from road map assessment architecture best practice phase implementations, and go live.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The objective of this role is to serve as an IT Project Manager (PM) in support of projects within the IT Finance – Enabling Functions (IT EF) team at a large pharma client in Princeton, NJ (working virtually until further notice) These Project(s) are being launched in support of our clients continuous operational & quality improvements also seeking to optimize financial systems & processes with the objective to transfer former Oracle based applications, for a company they acquired, into their existing SAP platform. You will be working the Business and IT Partner from multiple business units as the Project Manager to manage the timelines, milestones, meetings, budget and project plan to ensure a successful implementation. The assigned project(s) may include the alignment to US and/or global markets requiring a candidate to assimilate to other time zones to support CGI clientele with flexible and fluid ways of working. .
Outline of key responsibilities & deliverables:
• The role will be responsible for defining, with their project team, the execution methodology and work break down structure of activities to deliver on the analysis and solution definition
• This role requires an experienced Project Manager with the ability to manage complex projects across a diverse group of stakeholders, including various business and IT partners.
• TBD - This project will have multiple workstreams to meet the objectives. Workstreams will include internal resources as well as external resources. Therefore, this role will require the ability to work across multiple workstreams and coordinate time, budget, and resources to complete work within the program guidelines.
• Strong organization and communications skills are a must, with the ability to structure meetings and other forms of communications to target the needs of the intended audience.
• The ideal candidate should be able to deal effectively with project ambiguity, use an analytical approach to define the project so that ambiguity is minimized, prepare and manage an integrated project plan, track financials, and effectively manage RAID items, constraints, and dependencies
• The solution involves management of multiple systems and teams both internal and external, such as Oracle, SAP, and other systems. Systems integration will be one of the most important aspects to manage the program successfully. Therefore, the ideal candidate should potentially have prior experience leading projects involving multiple complex systems integrations.
• Due to clients convergence and transformation programs, availability of key resources for the project may be impacted. As a result, this role will require an experienced project manager accustomed to managing complex projects with a high degree of risk, highly skilled at integrated project planning, and with the ability to ensure that a diverse group of stakeholders remains engaged and aligned throughout all phases of the project.
Experience and Skills:
• Knowledge of the finance and corporate function non-domain specific is not required but preferred by the hiring manager as is strong project financial management skills
• Previous experience working as a project manager that’s worked before managing implementations is a plus as is working in matrixed environments
• Alliance management experience highly desired
• Previous experience leading projects involving multiple complex systems integrations is desired
Oversee planning and execution of project to deliver on intended outcomes while collaborating on evolving ideas and discovery of new requirements to maximize return on investments.
Identify dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to appropriate levels of management and stakeholders across assigned projects.
Ensure project deliverables, schedules, and financials adhere to established norms and are managed in alignment with departmental best practices across their assigned projects.
Monitor and control schedule and financial health of assigned projects and provide actionable insights to key stakeholders.
Proactively remove obstacles to drive assigned projects’ momentum and progress. Engage and energize the project teams.
Plan and engage necessary resources across the enterprise to ensure successful completion of assigned projects.
Potentially manage vendors who are tasked with providing services to the project ensuring they meet their execution milestones and remain within their funding estimates.
Prepare all project status reports and documentation to keep project sponsors informed of project progress and potential risks/roadblocks so they can take appropriate action.
Actively engage stakeholders of problem projects to assist with identifying corrective actions.
Co-lead setup of project management and governance structures in collaboration with IT Business Partner(s) and Digital Capability Managers (DCMs).
Advise and consistently apply Project Management best practices (including Agile, Waterfall, SDLC and PMF) and tools. Continuously improve our adoption and maturity of best practices across IT.
Provide support to IT BPs and DCMs in management of project financials, vendor management and procurement.
Collaborate with ITBPs, DCMs & Portfolio Managers on business case development for DC investments, translating PM experience & insights into improved estimates and outcomes.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Project Management 10+ Expert
Pharma 5+ Expert
Finance (SAP or Oracle Ebusiness) 2-4 Advanced
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.