CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. PowerMHS iSeries Specialist in Raleigh, North Carolina
PowerMHS iSeries Specialist
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
PowerMHS iSeries Specialist
City: Raleigh, North Carolina, US United States
Position ID: J0621-3295
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a PowerMHS iSeries Specialist to join our team in Raleigh, NC.!
Developer will work on a team of truly talented individuals and be responsible for the design, build, and unit testing of IT applications and its components that interface with complex enterprise systems and external vendor systems.
Developer must be a highly motivated, well-rounded, self-starter that works best in a collaborative, dynamic, agile environment. Excellent communication skills both written and oral are also essential as this position will interface with remote scrum teams, business owners, enterprise architects, security, infrastructure, and end users via email, phone, IM, desktop sharing, and wiki
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Analytical Skills: Candidate must be able to recognize the needs of customers and create simple solutions that answer those needs.
• Communication: Candidate must be able to clearly communicate their ideas to peers, stakeholders, and management.
• Creativity: Creativity is needed to help invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications as well as bringing experience from other industries.
• Customer-Service: If dealing directly with clients and customers, candidate would need good customer service skills and consultant mentality to answer questions and fix issues.
• Attention to Detail: Applications have many parts and all must work together for the application to function.
• Problem-Solving: As issues come up, candidate must be able to make decisions that move the project forward.
• Teamwork: Candidate must work well with others as part of a distributed agile (SAFe) team of developers, analysts, QA, and more.
• Technical Skills: Candidate must be adept in computer languages and have strong technical aptitude. Must have a solid knowledge with common design patterns should seek out opportunities to implement design patterns.
• Leverage existing open source frameworks, third party components/libraries, cloud and commercial software to develop robust enterprise solutions.
• Design and Develop Software applications , features and defect fixes
• Champion and practice Agile Principles
• Write Unit Test, Perform Code reviews and participate in Scrum meetings, Contribute to low level design of the features/ user stories.
• Analyze User Stories and Requirements and provide solution design
• Work closely with Dev Team, Test team, Product Manager and Business Analyst to collaborate, review and deliver high quality software applications.
• Have a mindset for best practices like unit testing , code coverage and dev-Ops
• Be able to evaluate performance of applications and deliver solutions which are efficient and performant.
• Enable a 360 degree view of customer-centric information through integration of a multitude of internal/external systems, mobile apps, devices, and data marts.
• Support and enhance existing applications used by consumers as well as operations staff.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Developer should be very familiar with advanced concepts and have relevant, hands-on experience in many of the following areas to be a successful contributor on the team:
• Minimum 10+ years of iSeries experience.
• Should have working experience in Core PowerMHS and Custom PowerMHS product, to provide Design oversight.
• Strong hands on experience on COBOL400, RPG400.
• Should be very strong on DB2 SQL, able to analyze and create functional test data across environments
• Application Performance (multi-threading, indexing, views, triggers)
• Should have different data transmission techniques like Connect direct and MQ
• Aldon Change Management System knowledge is must
• Experience in Healthcare Insurance industry is required.
• Ability to gather and analyze end user requirements, build specifications and functional test
• Should be able to work independently as a Full Stack Engineer.
• Sense of ownership and ability provide solutions in a tight deadline by understanding application architecture quickly.
• Should be flexible with timings and should extensive prior experience of working in onshore-offshore model.
Nice to have
• VB Script or any other Scripting language.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.