CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS Cloud Native Developer - Remote in Remote, United States
AWS Cloud Native Developer - Remote
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
AWS Cloud Native Developer - Remote
City: Remote, US United States
Position ID: J1221-3384
Employment Type: Full Time
At CGI Federal's Emerging Solutions Group, we are looking for engineers with a passion for security. The Cloud Security Engineers will focus on developing secure solutions, automating compliance and security for AWS, Azure and microservice applications. As a technical member of the cloud architect and engineering group, you will work closely with the Cloud Security Architect, AWS and Azure engineering teams to develop compliance as code to reduce the manual toil of federal compliance, increase security in the cloud and innovation on security. .
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Architect, build, implement, and scale cross-account or multi-cloud serverless solutions to support clients, delivery teams, and Managed Service Provider (MSP)/Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) practices.
• Create, update, maintain and expand the functionality CI/CD pipelines
• Design and deploy applications with containers, microservice orchestration tools and serverless technologies using modern serverless and container frameworks and IaC
• Help build cloud, microservice and serverless strategies and reference architectures for clients and CGI projects.
• Modernize and transform legacy monolith applications into cloud-native solutions (serverless or container-based).
• Mentor and coach others in cloud architecture and cloud-native development domains.
• Protype, create proof of concepts, test and demo out new functionality, solution and services to engineering teams and stakeholders.
• Work with proposal teams in designing cloud-native serverless or container-based solutions to meet Federal client requirements following industry best practices, FedRAMP compliance, and security-first design principles.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience with AWS Cloud and development
• Detailed understanding of AWS core Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Function as a Service (FaaS) capabilities, features, and services and/or detailed understanding of cloud-native reference architectures.
• Detailed understanding of AWS core security and identity capabilities, features, and services including IAM and Cognito including SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) federation.
• Experience designing and implementing end-to-end event-driven serverless solutions with AWS services (Lambda, API Gateway, EventBridge, DynamoDB, Fargate, S3, SQS, SNS, etc.) and third-party REST APIs.
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, including automation and standard deployment models (canary, blue/green, etc.).
• Experience with NoSQL data modeling for AWS-native serverless data backends (DynamoDB).
• Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) on AWS (CloudFormation, CDK, Terraform, etc.).
• Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins or AWS-native services (CodeBuild, CodePipeline, and CodeDeploy).
• Knowledge of Git for source code version control and Atlassian APIs (Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence) for automation.
• Working knowledge of the command-line on at least one major operating system (Linux or Windows).
• Working knowledge of at least one shell scripting language (POSIX shell/Bash, PowerShell, etc.).
• Bachelor level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
• Certifications - AWS Certified Developer Associate, AWS Certified DevOps Professional, and Security• Experience implementing and desire to become SME (Subject Matter Expert) on AWS AI, ML and Big Data services
• Familiarity with container orchestration (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, EKS, etc.) and building container-based CI/CD and development environments.
• Experience in working with FedRAMP complaint projects
• Experience monitoring and troubleshooting event-driven serverless AWS solutions (CloudWatch, X-Ray, etc.).
• Experience with Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) programming in PySpark on AWS (Glue, EMR, etc.).
• Familiarity with code quality analysis tooling for at least one high-level programming language (linters, static analyzers, security scanners, style checkers, formatters, etc.).
• Familiarity with unit testing and test-driven development (TDD) in at least one high-level programming language.
• Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
Est. Salary/Hourly Range (Colorado Only): $75,000 - 125,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
AWS DevOps Engineer
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.