Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, Remote
Position ID: J0124-1469
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI Federal is seeking Business Analysts to support a component of the Department of Health and Human Services. This component is a single, integrated dual-entry accounting system that standardizes and centralizes federal financial accounting functions for all of CMS’s programs.
This role is only available on a short-term basis and through April 2024
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Identify and validate clients’ business needs and requirements
• Attend requirements gathering meetings with the client to identify business needs, functional and system requirements
• Analyze and develop mockups based on business understanding. Prototype user interface designs using Visio, Excel and/or other design tools
• Produce detailed requirements documents, including a Business Requirements Document (BRD) that contains user stories and requirements statements, as well as other deliverables using project templates
• Collaborate with the development and testing team to ensure implementation of the needed business, functional and system requirements
• Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments.
• Understand, visualize and manage upstream/downstream dependencies.
• Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity.
• Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously improve.
• Manage program level coordination, such as creating timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and releases and oversee the development of reports and analyses that document program activity.
• Participate with management and cross-functional teams as subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and procedures related to user workflows and be an advocate for user community.
• Produce concise, accurate requirements documentation, user stories, acceptance test criteria
• Constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in larger Medicare policy and provider community.
• Develop / modify processes, policies, and procedures to facilitate the working relationship between CGI and its clients.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-5 years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines / technologies / processes related to the position as well as 3-5 years working in an Agile environment on complex projects.
• Strong experience with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) ideal
• Strong analytical skills and innovative thinking
• Demonstrated experience working on large integration systems and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation. Experience coordinating multiple teams in a technology environment.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing and explaining technical and project related information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
• Proven ability to balance concurrent activities.
• Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile environment.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $74,600 - $130,600.
CGI Federal anticipates accepting applications for this position through 2/24/2024.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.