CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jr-Mid level Infrastructure Analyst in Reston, Virginia
Jr-Mid level Infrastructure Analyst
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Reston, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI has an immediate need for a Jr.-Mid Level Infrastructure Analyst to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with over $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
• We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Will be required to own the processes for the enhancements of applications running on heterogeneous platforms (Hardware and Operating system) from a business perspective. This includes understanding the business requirements and related documents & managing the implementation of an optimal solution from a business perspective.
• Act as primary liaison between the business units and Enterprise Infrastructure support teams to come up with a reliable, repeatable cost effective solution.
• Updating the documents and the controls as new products/enhancements are implemented.
• Respond to queries from internal and external customers. This includes both formal and informal requests.
• Manage the designing process and procedural activities related to environment implementation and needs to be part of a larger group to provide a simple, speedy and cost effective environment build solution.
• Communicating the vision and direction of CSP Integration environment needs effectively to other teams
• Provide feedback to all the teams involved in a timely manner
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Position requires 3-5 years of in-depth working knowledge of Solaris, AIX and Linux.
• Three years direct experience with Infrastructure support.
• Five years experience with all areas of the Systems Development Life Cycle from a business unit perspective.
• Run UNIX commands from UNIX shells, be able to operate in csh or ksh environment, review or write shell scripts and understand general shell scripting practices. Must have knowledge of programming or writing shell scripts in languages such as Korn Shell, Bourne Shell, and Perl preferred.
• Support the integration and implementation of UNIX systems and applications, and provide operational support for same.
• ENGINEERING: Work with other technical teams, gather requirements; determine, document, and propose viable solutions against these requirements. With guidance from Senior System Administrators, plan and implement these solutions in cooperation other system administrators and technical teams.
• PROBLEM RESOLUTION: Perform root cause analysis and determine cause of problems in order to develop specific solution to an issue
• Resource to assist in infrastructure builds, integration and deployment of new software and databases. Cross work stream resource.
• The candidate must possess excellent analytic and problem solving skills. Must be able to identify logical associations and trends and predict the impact or outcome of a given scenario.
• The position requires significant contact with internal customers, and external customers.
• The ability to handle multiple problems/issues at a time is paramount to the successful management of the department. Follow through on the identified issues is essential to the position.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the proven ability to revise and improve the written work of others.
• Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to understand and analyze complex data.
• Excellent leadership and influencing skills to facilitate cross-functional teamwork in a flexible and fluid environment.
• Demonstrated ability to discover, understand, and meet the needs of internal and external customers.
• Must have the ability to work under aggressive deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize as necessary
• An excellent written and verbal communication skill, including ability to develop and deliver presentation to Senior Management is desired.
Bachelor's Degree in Applicable Field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.