CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Netezza Systems Administrator in Reston, Virginia
Netezza Systems Administrator
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Reston, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI has an immediate need for a Netezza System Administrator to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
We work with 22 of the top 30 banks globally
20 of the top 25 banks in the Americas
19 of the top 20 banks in Europe
Full-time opportunity to become a member of an organization w/$10 billion+ in annual revenues
70,000 employees in 40 countries
We're offering a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Systems Admin responsible for providing Infrastructure Administration, Engineering and Support along with Database Administration functions.
Should be flexible in learning AWS Cloud.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Managing the entire Netezza footprint of 50+ racks from an infrastructure perspective (hardware/software/network/storage/OS), pre-empt, circumvent and recover from infrastructure issues.
• Perform backup and restore activities, database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance/tuning to ensure maximum performance on Netezza appliance platform
• Use the NzAdmin/NZMigrate tool for typical administrative tasks, including Genstats, Groom, and manage Development to Production environments
• Works closely with Developers, Testers, Architects, Business Analysts and other IT staff to implement System and Database Administration standards, policies, methods, and procedures building consensus with all parties.
• Assist application development teams with planning and implementing database changes as well as query/job optimization, Database related-releases/upgrades/dbmod.
• Work closely with IBM support to manage hardware/software failures, appliance upgrades and install patches
• Troubleshoots database problems, including slow running queries.
• Participate in after-hours on-call duties as requested, manage workload via prioritization and Leankit, document discovered procedures on SharePoint,
• Apply Automation, Metrics, Tooling and Best Practices as required.
• Develop Big Data integration and data warehouse best practices.
• Deliver measurement and improvement of all aspects of the availability of infrastructure services to match/exceed SLA’s.
• Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Applies techniques to modify demand for a particular resource or service.
• Initiates immediate and permanent resolution to incidents with systems and services, by coordinating the efforts of the resolution with vendors, application and business teams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• System engineering and administration experience in a Netezza appliance environment with substantial knowledge of Unix/Infrastructure including Servers, Network, SAN technologies, I/O subsystems.
• Linux system administration including troubleshooting, configuration, networking, server administration/management, security, monitoring, tuning, capacity planning, backup/recovery, service pack/hot fix/patch install, vendor support liaison, coordination with technical staff at all levels.
• Must have strong programming/scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Bash or standard development tools
• Infrastructure domain knowledge: DNS, NFS, TCP/IP, Clustering/High Availability. Under-the-hood Kernel insight methodologies: tcpdump, strace and system call tracers.
• 5+ years of experience in a Netezza environment with at least 2+ years as a DBA.
• 3+ years of additional experience working in data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology is strongly desired
• Expert knowledge of Netezza appliance (TwinFinn and Mako) systems- Architecture and system internals, including updates and features on new versions
• At least 5+ years of SQL programming and Performance Tuning experience
• Expert level experience in administering large databases in mission critical environment
• Extensive experience with different backup/restore and disaster recovery solutions
• Excellent Communication skills, strong Teamwork and organization skills
• Positive attitude, problem solving skills and self-initiative are must-have qualities
Bachelors Degree in applicable field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.