CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Storage Engineering Manager in Reston, Virginia
Storage Engineering Manager
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Reston, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI has an immediate need for a Storage Engineering Manager to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with over $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
• We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This role will be focused on extending our capabilities and working on innovative opportunities for end-to-end optimization of enterprise infrastructure solutions, with focus and depth in storage technology, virtualization and cloud research. The successful candidate will have a strong background in storage solutions, hyper-converged infrastructure, data storage, networking, and virtualization combined with a unique ability to evangelize and differentiate game-changing technology.
• Researches and develops options to address performance and functional issues pertaining to storage environments.
• Collaborate closely with other infrastructure areas (e.g. Network, Windows, and Database) to provide architected solutions for projects, and corporate initiatives to ensure system performance, availability and security across platforms
• Collaborate within the Infrastructure Architects to help plan and architect a modern, portable storage enterprise solution
• Set guidance for storage solutions
• Collaborate with infrastructure teams, application development teams, testing and release teams to develop process around utilization and monitoring of system resources as they relate to implementation new storage environments.
• Develop and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams according to established standards.
• Remain abreast of industry technical trends and new development trends to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
• Serve as a recognized subject matter expert and thought leader with deep expertise in converged infrastructure
• Researches and develops engineered solutions and alternatives to align with business goals and processes
• Partner with business in data analysis to document current storage usage patterns, reduce duplication of stored information and improve efficiency of storage consumption
• Collaborate with business, solution/enterprise architects to translate business requirements into scalable solution options and provide input to Business Analytics and Master Data roadmap/strategy
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8-10+ years of related experience
• In depth knowledge current storage and backup technologies to determine going forward strategic direction for corporate storage and data archiving/backup systems.
• Experience developing architecture and engineering solutions around storage and backup following industry standard best-practices
• Knowledge industry standards to meet business continuity requirements in an enterprise, multi-platform storage and system recovery environment.
• Ability to work independently on researching new technologies to develop enterprise level storage, data backup and recovery, and data replication solutions for business needs.
• Experience must include at least five years of experience with each of the following: system integration, storage engineering in a mixed Linux/Windows environment
• Experience performing enterprise multi-platform environment and sound systems troubleshooting.
• Understanding of systems integration with EMC Storage (Isilon, VNX+SRDF, and RecoverPoint), Cisco SAN Fabric Director Class Switches and experience in additional Enterprise Storage systems including NetApp, PureStorage, and Nimble.
• Experience Commvault backup technologies as well as backup best practices using industry backup products.
• Experience in Back-up/recovery methodology, clustering and high availability strategies
• Experience developing infrastructure design documentation for complex projects involving third parties that can be handed off to managed services groups to implement
• Experience moving an organization to next generation technology and solutions
• Data Management: classification, storage optimization, consolidation, data protection
• Architecture Design: design/layout global network, develop operations best practices and create design benchmarks for use in business expansion.
• Experience with EMC storage solutions as well as next generation storage options
• Experience with SAN replication tools
• Experience with Commvault backup technologies as well as backup best practices using industry backup products.
• BA or BS in Computer Science, Technology, or Business discipline or equivalent experience.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.