CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Systems Analyst II in Reston, Virginia
Systems Analyst II
Find similar career opportunities
Systems Analyst II
Category: Project Management
City: Reston, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1218-0093
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI has an immediate need for a Systems Analyst II to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with over $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
• We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Study business processes in client or host unit and how they are automated.
• Examine business processes in unit to determine how they could be automated
• Suggest best practices for smooth operation.
• Works with users of application that automates or executes their business processes.
• May be required to develop data extractions or develop reports from requests or requirements stated by clients.
• Use database, report writer, data mart, or specialized applications to generate reports or analyses.
• Support Application & Coordinate Application setup in DEV/SIT/ISIT/UAT/IUAT
• Help with application retirement process
• Note interruptions in lower environments that could translate into production issues and review methodology/process to prevent happening.
• Note interruptions or bugs in operation and carry out mitigation / problem management
• Track issues and report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application.
• Participate in project meetings to plan rewrite of addition to application in production or being revised for release into production.
• Will be assigned small projects for completion
• Should be able to work in a matrixed environment
• Knowledge of Operating Systems, Middleware, DB , WebServers, one or more batch control
• Must be a very strong team player and should be able to work with little supervision
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
6+ years of:
• Extensive knowledge of UNIX, SQL, Ticketing System (Remedy or ServiceNow), Autosys.
• Candidates must have problem solving skills and be capable of breaking down complex situations to discover and resolve root causes, this applies to both technical issues and process issues.
• Good communication skills both verbal and writing with the ability to discuss issues with users.
• Experience in supporting all phases of SDLC
• Experience supporting applications in a UNIX environment
• Understanding of database concepts
• Knowledge of UNIX Shell and Korn scripting for automation of tasks.
• Experience with Autosys job management for scheduling, monitoring, and reporting. port Analyst
• Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technologies, Math, or other applicable degree.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.