CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Big Data Engineer in Richmond, Virginia
Big Data Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Big Data Engineer
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City: Richmond, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0921-1521
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI, a top 5 global IT consulting company, is seeking an experienced Big Data Engineer to join our Mid-Atlantic, Richmond Metro team. The Richmond Metro provides exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects in a diverse industry climate. Come grow with us, build your skills, and experience working with a high performance group of professionals. We are offering a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
The Big Data Engineer will be responsible for designing & developing data ingestion and data transformation framework for modern data lake solutions. They will also be providing statistical trend analysis on large structured and unstructured data sets and analysis of advanced algorithms including artificial intelligence concepts. The candidate will be responsible for adapting and modifying machine-learning algorithms to address user requirements and case studies, establishing new proof of concepts for our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Data Ingestion using Kafka, CDC or similar technologies.
• Implement and support streaming technologies such as Kafka, K-SQL and Spark.
• Implement and support big data tools and frameworks such as HDFS, Hive, and Hbase or Cassandra.
• ETL Design and Development in the big data platform in Hadoop using technologies such as Scala, Spark, Python, Oozie, and more to support a variety of requirements and applications.
• Warehouse Design and Development – Set the standards for warehouse and schema design in massively parallel processing engines such as Hadoop and Columnar Databases while collaborating with analysts and data scientist in the creation of efficient data models.
• Implement a CICD DevOps strategy
• Implement end to end Data Lake solution in on premise as well as on a cloud environment preferably Azure and AWS.
• Deliver a ML/AI framework to support user Analysts and data scientists to support advance analytics.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 7+ years of work experience with ETL, and business intelligence big data architectures.
• 5+ years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (Map Reduce, Hive, Oozie, Yarn, HBase, etc.) and big data ecosystems (Kafka, Cassandra, etc.).
• 3+ years of hands-on Spark/Scala/Python development experience.
• Experience developing and managing data warehouses on a terabyte or petabyte scale.
• Experience with core competencies in Data Structures, Rest/SOAP APIs, JSON, etc.
• Strong experience in massively parallel processing & columnar databases.
• Expert in writing SQL.
• Deep understanding of advanced data warehousing concepts and track record of applying these concepts on the job.
• Experience with common software engineering tools (e.g., Git, JIRA, Confluence, or similar)
• Ability to manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Dynamic team player.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $75,300K - $125K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Azure Data Lake
Azure SQL Data Warehouse
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.