CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director Consulting Services - Commercial Business in Richmond, Virginia
Director Consulting Services - Commercial Business
Find similar career opportunities
Director Consulting Services - Commercial Business
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
City: Richmond, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1018-0561
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
This is an exciting opportunity to join CGI, a world-class IT company, for a permanent position in the Richmond, Virginia area to provide leading IT consulting and services to our commercial clients. We are seeking a leader who will have senior responsibility for sales & engagement management. He/she will drive revenue growth within existing accounts and develop new clients in region and manage the entire lifecycle for sales and relationship.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Bring deep IT knowledge, consulting skills and delivery capability, be integrated into the Richmond, Virginia market place and will be responsible for bringing or developing solutions and thought leadership for our clients, work well in collaborative environments, be highly motivated by delivering excellent services to our clients and ensuring their satisfaction;
• Lead a team of consultants for proposals and projects to create business solutions based on client growth requirements and market-driven business enhancements and will take accountability for the winning of competitive proposals and the successful executions of assignments, projects and large delivery programs
• Use and leverage their experience and creativity to design, propose and execute solutions for complex client problems in advanced business and technology environments.
• Apply management best practices such as governance, quality, succession planning, team member performance reviews and contribute to business strategy and budget planning. Manage profitability of engagements
• Overall accountability of service delivery to our clients:
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities within new and existing accounts within the portfolio
• Lead proposals and evolve solution offerings
• Lead a team of professionals – both direct reports and via global delivery
• Ensure success of engagements using global delivery and vendor partners
• Manage client satisfaction in partnership with account management team
• Apply delivery and customer management best practices
• Apply management best practices such as succession planning, team member performance review, and finance management
• Contribute to business strategic and budget planning
• Manage profitability of engagements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of experience selling complex solutions in relevant commercial domains such as Financial Services, Banking, Utilities, Manufacturing and Distribution.
• Consultative sales approach and proven past performance in architecting solutions and closing sales for similar clients in commercial client domains.
• Experience with managed services, systems integration and consulting
• Desire to be on the ground (onsite /in person) with clients, as opposed to managing client relationships from a sales office.
• Superb interpersonal skills; ability to communicate in a professional; consultative and substantive manner with decision-makers at all levels of a current or prospective client organization
• Excellent writing and presentation skills; ability to conceptualize; develop and deliver presentations to individuals and groups.
Commercial & Transact Banking
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.