CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jr. Business Analysts in Richmond, Virginia
Jr. Business Analysts
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Richmond, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is looking for a Jr. Business Analysts to join our team in Richmond, VA.
We have an established team of Sr. Analysts, so this would be an excellent opportunity for a more Jr. Business Analyst to join a dynamic team in supporting a major software development and implementation project.
This would also be a great opportunity for a recent college grad
The ideal candidate should live in or around the Richmond, VA area, or would be willing to relocate to the Richmond area.
The BA will interact with the Sr. BA's on the team at this location, but also with our team located in Columbus, OH.
Some travel might be required to Charleston, WV as needed in support of our Customer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Understand business requirements of the project
• Assist the Functional Lead in the requirements review and definition
• Assist the Testing Lead with the creation of testing deliverables as assigned
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs
• Lead the creation of functional design deliverables
• Creation and management of requirements traceability matrix
• Creation of use cases
• Facilitate, participate and contribute to Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions and the collection of business requirements
• Evaluate functional accuracy of modifications made to system
• Follow the project standards for the creation and execution of all testing deliverables
• Perform Testing to ensure all requirements are properly mapped to test cases and scripts
• Set up, write and execute assigned testing scripts using HP ALM (formerly Quality Center)
• Set up, write and execute automated testing processes using HP Quick Test Pro
• Accurately pass/fail assigned test scripts and record results using HP ALM (formerly Quality Center)
• Report testing defects identified during the execution of testing scripts and work with the technical team to resolve issues
• Establishing testing metrics and tracking to the defined metrics
• Document and communicate functional related issues
• Create and update online user procedures and transition plan
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 0-3 Years experience as a Business Analyst for a software development & implementation project.
• Training/Experience leading requirements analysis and design sessions
• Training/Experience facilitating of Joint Application Design sessions
• Training/Experience creating of all levels of functional documentation for analysis and design, testing, and transition
• Training/Experience contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Functional database Training/Experience
• Ability to create, monitor and execute test scripts
• Ability to create and understand SQL queries
• Solid skills in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Access
• Training/Experience testing and supporting high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
• Excellent communication skills with client and peer resources as well as project leaders
• Training/Experience in the creation and update of online user procedures and transition plan
• Ability to plan and organize technical projects; experience with deadlines for project completion
• Advanced skills in analysis/organization of project related tasks according to required specifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field; or equivalent work experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.