CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Security Analyst in Richmond, Virginia
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Cyber Security Consulting
City:Richmond, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Security Analyst will join CGI’s Richmond, Virginia team focused on clients in Virginia and neighboring Mid-Atlantic States. The successful candidate will collaborate with application owners, security specialists, and service providers to consult with CGI clients. The analyst will understand state and local laws within the Mid-Atlantic States as well as the regulatory controls at the national level. This consultant requires the ability to discuss security architecture to protect infrastructure, platforms, and applications.
CGI is growing a security practice that utilizes the Security System Development Lifecycle, Agile, and Secure DevOps methodologies to respond to threats, reduce risks, and create secure operating environments for our clients. If you are an experienced consultant looking to utilize critical thinking skills, who does not hesitate to question the status quo, as well as able to work with leaders and team members at all levels of the organization, across functional lines, using your analytical skills to think outside the box, then CGI has an opportunity for you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Serve as a security expert for State and Local Government clients
• Understand the security controls relevant to State and Local Government clients:
o National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cyber Security Framework
o Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards
o The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRamp)
o Payment Card Industry – Digital Security Standards (PCI-DSS)
o Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
o International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001
o North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
o Defense Acquisition Federal Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
o Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
o Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA)
o NIST 800-171 - Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information in Non-federal Information Systems and Organizations
• Assess public cloud service providers (IaaS, PaaS, & SaaS) for the client and industry standards compliance
• Analyze and design controls to secure on and off premise private, public, community, and hybrid cloud environments
• Coordinates and conducts the preparation of document packages for regulatory submissions from all areas of the client, as well as for internal and external audits and inspections. May serve as point of contact for interactions with regulatory agencies for defined matters.
• Analyzes business activities and operations for risk. Identifies areas of potential loss or damage and quantifies impact. Implements and evaluates compliance with business risk-reduction policies, processes and standards. May participate in the development and maintenance of disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
• Conduct Business Impact Assessment (BIA) and continued analysis. Also plans and prepares for technical control implementations and operations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of information technology systems design and planning experience; in systems, applications, or architecture
• 5+ years of working in risk assessments, risk management, security controls monitoring, or security controls audits
• 1-2 years’ experience working Security as a Service (SecaaS), Cloud Security or Third Party / Cloud Security Assessments including AWS or Azure; Or 1-2 years’ experience in cloud security and 2+ years of experience in security operation centers
• 1-2 years of policy, procedures, standards, work instructions, report generation and managing projects
• 1-2 years of managing teams of 3 or more resources
• Industry recognized certification in security (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.)
• 2 years’ experience: Enterprise IT security risk assessments and related frameworks (e.g., ISO 27000 series, NIST 800 Series, COBIT, IT General Controls, etc.) OR 2 years’ experience: PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA, NIST OR 2 years’ Experience with multiple, simultaneous vendor management
• Technical (Bachelors of Science) Bachelor's Degree
Desired Qualifications/Non-Essential Skills:
• Experience in IT Security Testing (e.g., penetration testing, web application security assessments, vulnerability assessments and technical security assessments)
• Experience with Virginia state agencies
• Secure SDLC, Agile, or DevOps experience
• Experience in Identity and Access Management
• Experience in virtualized security environments
• Experience with Cloud Security vendors in the IAM, Data Protection, Monitoring, SaaS providers
• Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
• Experience with application development
• Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Desire to work in an information systems environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Travel possible up to 25% of time
Security Infrastructure Supprt
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.