CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Manual Tester in Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Manual Tester
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Manual Tester
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Richmond, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0321-1983
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for QA Testers to join our team in Richmond, VA.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Develop/utilize test plans/scripts for assigned projects.
• Perform application testing to ensure program changes are functional and are in compliance with various standards.
• Execute test cases and create and maintain accurate documentation regarding completed test cases. Identify and log system incidents and defects and retest fixes.
• Work with developers, business analyst, and end user groups to identify/resolve issues with system changes.
• Provide support to client staff and external stakeholders during their preparation for and execution of User Acceptance Test (UAT) in order to facilitate a successful UAT process by the client
• Assist in system analysis
• Working knowledge of the Application Lifecycle Management/Software Development Life Cycle;
• Experience in generating and analyzing quality metrics and trends
• Participate in standup meetings and other required QA meetings such as test planning, retrospective, QA status meetings as needed
• Leads defect triage calls for work streams
• Create test coverage matrix and test cases/plans; update requirements traceability
• Experience with HP ALM , SoapUI Pro, Selenium and Performance test tools, scripting and execution strategy preferred
• Assure internal documentation is updated to reflect any program changes.
• Provide system support to end users.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Quality Assurance/software/end user testing of applications.
• Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills to a structured QA testing process.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Proficiency with office software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Visual Basic preferred)
• Knowledge and experience with testing tools; including test management, automated testing tools
• Some familiarity with SQL, Java and ETL tools (resource will not be coding but may be expected to quickly learn how to use tools to retrieve and view data )
• Ability to meet tight deadlines while meeting quality requirements
• Experience with ALM tool (HP ALM) for test preparation, execution and defect management
• Must be an excellent communicator and be able to produce clear and concise documentation at the detail and summary level
• Experience using automated test tools preferred.
• Must be an independent worker and be able to prioritize own work activities with minimal guidance and coaching
• Experience in Agile methodology
Preferred Requirements :
• Minimum 3 years trouble shooting work experience
• Ability to work as a team player
• Must meet deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science (other degrees will be considered)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.