CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Batch and Interface Specialist 1 in Sacramento, California
Batch and Interface Specialist 1
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Sacramento, California, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
The Batch and Interface Specialist 1 is responsible for scheduling and executing operations tasks and procedures. He/she executes problem management processes/procedures for production and test environments. He/she executes procedures to receive/transfer files and exchange data files with interface partners. He/she executes internal/external interface processes/procedures, monitors interfaces, and recovers from failed interfaces. He/she is responsible for scheduling and executing backup/recovery processes. He/she is responsible for contractual deliverables.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Take over, update/maintain, store, and version control operations procedures.
• Execute problem management processes/procedures for production and test environments.
• Take over, update/maintain, deliver, and execute the schedule for operational tasks and procedures.
• Take over, update/maintain, and execute the internal/external interface processes/procedures.
• Take over, update/maintain, deliver, and execute procedures to receive/transfer files and exchange data files with interface partners.
• Update/maintain, deliver, and execute procedures for monitoring all interfaces, for reporting successful or unsuccessful interface exchanges, and for recovering from failed interfaces.
• Take over and execute backup/recovery processes in all operational environments (including production and nonproduction) with support from the State Data Center/Network Services.
• Maintain/update, and retain current backup/recovery procedures defined in the Operations Manual.
• Maintain the existing backup schedule, including incremental and full backups with data retention required.
• Check critical DBs/files for corruption and data integrity prior to backup.
• Coordinate backup/recovery of data and system files and DBs at State Data Center and non-state facilities.
• Backup all non-critical files and make them recoverable per contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Confirm that each backup is successful and test backup/restore procedures periodically.
• Validate backup/recovery processes and report backup/recovery activities in the M&O Status Report.
• Backup and journalize all critical files to allow restoration up to the last committed transaction.
• Backup all system maintained files to permit recovery to the end of the prior business day.
• Successfully execute a Backup/recovery Test, recovering the production environment to an alternate environment and submit in writing per contractual SLAs.
• Recover the application/data per contractual SLAs and verify integrity of all DBs, data, and files recovered.
• Store non-State Data Center backups offsite; secure and prevent unauthorized access per Federal and State security and privacy regulations; and support an onsite backup/recovery audit.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or related, or equivalent experience.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.